Legacy Family Tree files crashing on Passport

I recently purchased a new laptop. I always used My Passport to save, backup to, and work on my Legacy Family Files (Millenia Corp) Genealogy. Since purchasing the laptop, I cannot add/change or work on the files as I get numerous error messages and then the file crashes.

Legacy support has helped me try numerous things - renaming file and putting it back on Passport - same things happen, check/repair etc etc!

Strangely, when I plug the Passport into my old desktop, file works fine - as well as on my 6 year old Toshiba netbook…

Any advice?

Thanks

Weird problem.
IS you new laptop different operating system (OS) that previous one (i.e. from PC to Mac or vice versa)?
If not, have you tried re-installing the Legacy program on your new PC again?
Basically, a file is a file to a computer no matter where it comes from; all things being equal. Something is not “equal” here, and I suspect your new PC or something installed on it has an issue.
Did you try copying the Legacy files to a folder on the new PC and access them from Legacy program to see if the files work
better?

The files are not “crashing” on the Passport, it just stores and serves the files. the crashing is occurring on the laptop.and/or on the Legacy program. There is no way problem is caused by the Passport.

Thanks Mike for your knowledgeable and prompt reply. I have since tried another Legacy family file from My Passport… No problem. I suspect now something has happened to the other file, although that being said it works fine if I’m using my desktop! What a conundrum… the os is Windows… old one was 7, laptop is 10. I will try reinstalling Legacy. The other odd thing,
my personal preferences didn’t show up the same at start ie colours for backgrounds etc… thanks for helping out.