LED flashes white

MyCloud 4TB drive.  Installed and worked fine for a week.  Then it needed to be re-started everytime I wanted to access it for the next three weeks 

Now, on start-up it flashes the white LED continuously.  The white LED flashes for a moment, becomes a steady white LED for approximately 20 seconds, and then reverts to the flashing white LED.

I’ve tried both types of “resetting” the device, and I have submitted a tech request to WD.

Has anyone else expereinced this issue?

Hi N420DV,  the white light flashes when the My Cloud is loading the Operating System. Did you tried doing any firmware updates recently? Can you access the My Cloud dashboard or any of the shared folders? 

Ichigo wrote:

Hi N420DV,  the white light flashes when the My Cloud  has begins loading the Operating System. Did you tried doing any firmware updates recently? Can you access the My Cloud dashboard or any of the shared folders? 

To be more accurate, the flashing white LED means the unit is performing a file system check. It may take a couple of minutes and once the file system check is complete – the unit will boot up normally. Interrupting the process by pulling the power, will restart the process again.

1 Like