Le WD TV Live don't see my MKV stored on my NAS... Help!

Hello

My media (videos, photos and music) stored on a NAS (NAS N2R1 LG) connected to my network via a router D-Link (Dir 635) by RJ 45. Services DLNA enabled.

I get to read from the WD Live TV (via USB stick wi-fi 802.11 N but I tried with RJ 45, I have the same problem), music, photos, almost all my videos but not MKV. … They do not even appear in the directories as if there was nothing.

Yet when I try to play MKV stored on USB key, no problem … When I try to play the MKV from my PC via the network no problem either.

I am with the latest firmware … I believe I read in the release not only this problem would be solved with the new firmware … But not with me.

If [someone] can help me, thank you in advance!

Sincerely,

Sapapaya

Bonjour,

Mes médias (vidéos, photos et musiques) sont stockés sur un NAS (LG NAS N2R1) relié à mon réseau via un routeur D-Link (Dir 635) par RJ 45. Les services DLNA sont activés.

J’arrive à lire depuis le WD TV Live (via clef USB wi-fi 802.11 N mais j’ai essayé avec RJ 45, j’ai le même problème) les musiques, les photos, presque toutes mes vidéos mais pas les MKV… Celles-ci n’apparaissent même pas dans les répertoires comme si il n’y avait rien.

Pourtant, quand j’essaye de lire un MKV stocké sur clef usb, aucun problème… Quand j’essaye de lire le MKV depuis mon PC via le réseau pas de problème non plus. 

Je suis avec le tout dernier firmware… J’avais cru lire dans le release not que ce problème serait réglé avec le nouveau firmware… Mais pas chez moi.

Si qq’un peut m’aider, d’avance merci!

Cordialement,

Sapapaya

Up…

Any chance to obtain help ?

thx…

Did you try to access the NAS using Network Shares instead of Media Shares?

I can only think that your NAS is equipped with a Media Server software which doesn’t recognise mkvs and that you are trying to access it this way (ie media share)  from your wdtv. If this is the case it explains perhaps why you can access the files from your PC( because you are using network sharing rather than media streaming)

The NAS I have is with the LG service N2R1 DLNA.

When I try to go through the network share from the WD Live TV, I can only access the DVD player included in the NAS, he sees no other directories …

1. Do you have a PC / laptop ? If yes, try and access the LG unit from it and check if you can see the network shares (not only the dvd drive). If not, this means that the LG is not configured properly.

2. Check here:  http://bit.ly/9wmaSU is the manual for your LG unit. In page 138 it says how to configure your disks so that you can access them from the network. Once you are able to access the disks from the network via your PC, then you should be able to play your mkvs on Media Player Classic, VLC or similar.

3. If the above works, I think you will be ok playing your mkvs from WDTV Live using Network Shares.

J’ai trouvé la solution à mon problème… Le WDTVLIVE voit mes MKV depuis mon !!! :slight_smile:

Super content!

Je ne sais pas trop comment j’y suis arrivé… Ce que je peux dire, c’est que j’ai effectivement suivi la procédure expliqué dans ton message depuis la page 38 du manuel de mon Nas… Ça ne marchait toujours pas. Je suis allé dans les proprités du dossier partagé via l’interface Web du Nas. J’ai activé le soutien de domaine “Windav” et là, tout fonctionne!!! Je vois et lis mes MKV depuis le WDTVLIVE (en passant par le partage réseau et non le media serveur). 

Merci pour ton aide!!!

Cordialement,

Reynaldo

I found the solution of my problem… The WDTVLIVE sees my MKV since my!!!:slight_smile:

Great satisfied!

I do not too much know how I arrived there… What I can say, it is that I effectively followed the procedure explained in your message since the page 38 of the textbook(manual worker) of my Nas… That did not still walk(work). I went to the proprités of the file shared via the Web interface of Nas. I activated the support of domain " Windav " and there, everything works!!! I see and read my MKV since the WDTVLIVE (by way of the network division(sharing) and not the media waiter(server)). 

Thank you for your help(assistant)!!!

Kind regards,

Reynaldo

I found the solution of my problem… The WDTVLIVE sees my MKV since my!!!:slight_smile:
Great satisfied!

I do not too much know how I arrived there… What I can say, it is that I effectively followed the procedure explained in your message since the page 38 of the textbook(manual worker) of my Nas… That did not still walk(work). I went to the proprités of the file shared via the Web interface of Nas. I activated the support of domain " Windav " and there, everything works!!! I see and read my MKV since the WDTVLIVE (by way of the network division(sharing) and not the media waiter(server)). 

Thank you for your help(assistant)!!!

Kind regards,

Reynaldo

Alors, c’ est parfait!  I hope you enjoy your movies :slight_smile: