Latest firmware update and 5.1 surround sound? Is it really fixed? Optical Connection?

Hi, im using my receiver via OPTICAL connection (i have an older Harmon Kardon with no HDMI)  and never rly got 5.1 surround sound…is it true that they fixed 5.1 via OPTICAL connection in the latest firmware upgrade? Ive been putting off updating my firmware for forever because i dont want to lose using Joeys AEonish Media Flag theme, but this may cause me to upgrade finally.

THanks!

Checking the release notes I don’t see anything about that. Maybe one of the other users might let you know if is fixed.

http://support.wdc.com/download/notes/WDTV_Live_Hub_ReleaseNotes_3.05.10.pdf

1 Like

kingb33 wrote:

Hi, im using my receiver via OPTICAL connection (i have an older Harmon Kardon with no HDMI)  and never rly got 5.1 surround sound…is it true that they fixed 5.1 via OPTICAL connection in the latest firmware upgrade? Ive been putting off updating my firmware for forever because i dont want to lose using Joeys AEonish Media Flag theme, but this may cause me to upgrade finally.

THanks!

Humm… I’m in the dark on this because I’ve been using my Hub since FW 2.04.xx and now am using 3.05.07 and I have always had 5.1 on my Yamaha HTR-5830 which is now about 12 years old. No HDMI inputs, as a matter of fact I ran out of optical inputs and bought a converter (optical to coaxal) to connect the Hub to the amp. The only problem I have had has just occurred recently where the Vudu app will cause the Mojo app to not have sound until you use the youtube app to reset the audio. I think this is a bug in either Vudu or Mojo not resetting the audio out on the Hub. Seems like it is only happening on my unit as well as I’ve asked others here to try it a no one else is saying a word.