Latest Firmware has iplayer in the dashboard?

Has any body else noticed that on the current firmware if you go to the dashboard iplayer is listed?

It’s not in the services section and if you select it nothing happens but it’s listed.  Does that mean it’s on it’s way?

Image attach.

1 Like

I can’t see the pic… But it’s a nice thing to note o.o

I’ll check on it!

I dont see that :-(  but I would like to :slight_smile:

Yes, the BBC iplayer has been added to the theme OSD, so more than likely it is in the works and should be added sometime in a future firmware release, just as Deezer was in the previous firmware versions but wasn’t added until this latest release.

Also, if you look in the Idea Exchange, HERE, you will see that it has been Acknowledged.

Tinwarble wrote:

Yes, the BBC iplayer has been added to the theme OSD, so more than likely it is in the works and should be added sometime in a future firmware release, just as Deezer was in the previous firmware versions but wasn’t added until this latest release.

Also, if you look in the Idea Exchange, HERE, you will see that it has been Acknowledged.

If WD are close to releasing a BBC iPlayer service, they should really change status to Pending.

However, they almost never do that.

They’ll release it and, a couple of weeks later, someone will remember to mark the idea as Implemented.

WD always keep you guessing!  ;)

Hi Tim, yes noticed it in the new Mochi theme along with a few more services …

However thats strange you have it showing on your dashboard on both the Hubs i have tested they both have Pandora showing instead of iplayer ??

Can anyone else confirm that they have iplayer in their dashboard

Thanks for the info …yeah iplayer would really rock

Yes strange.  I looked at my dads hub yesterday and it wasn’t there either.

Shame they don’t let us know if its coming.  I can understand why but I’m sure they would sell more units if they did.

Well hopefully soon.  Maybe the next beta.  I’d test it.

tim6661234 wrote:

Yes strange.  I looked at my dads hub yesterday and it wasn’t there either.

Shame they don’t let us know if its coming.  I can understand why but I’m sure they would sell more units if they did.

Well hopefully soon.  Maybe the next beta.  I’d test it.

Does your hub have Netflix and Blockbuster and are you in the USA or somewhere else in the world?

No I don’t get the US only services.

I’m in the UK.

There is talk about making BBC iplayer available world wide (at a fee)

tim6661234 wrote:

No I don’t get the US only services.

I’m in the UK.

There is talk about making BBC iplayer available world wide (at a fee)

What I meant to say is did Netflix or Blockbuster ever show up in your hub. There are possibly two versions of the hub. One that can cope with the protection needed for Netflix etc and one that can’t. 

Pretty sure it never showed them but I upgraded the firmware when I first got it.

I presume the firmware detects the region of the unit to decide what it shows.

Yes, Australia would have likely received the EU-spec firmware, and it doesn’t show iPlayer.

BBC iPlayer will be made avaiable worldwide in the verey near future. However, when you live outside the UK you’ll have to pay… around 7 EU a month for this service. (According to usually well informed sources)

1 Like