Latency Issues

Good day,

I have 2 of the Sentinel DX4000 4tb models running in two locations.

One of the DX4000 runs no problem, I have user files mapped to the server to make sure the users files are in a central location and it runs fine. 5 machines at this location are using Windows 7 Home, Pro, & Ultimate and I get no problems at all.

The second location, when I map the user folders to the server or even try to access the shares I get some serious lag when pulling up the shares or copying files over. In this location I have 3 machines, 2 Windows 7 Pro workstations, and a Windows 2008 R2 Server that I use with Remote Desktop Services for about 10 people max.

The odd thing is I experience no latency issues when accessing the DX4000 from the Terminal Server, even when coming in over the internet. The 2 on site workstations are alomost impossible to use with the DX 4000.

I am thinking it has to be some sort of security setting, but I can’t seem to figure out what it is.

Thanks in advance for any light you all might shed on this.

Try emailing support for this issue

I would replace the gigabyte switch

1 Like

I thought about the switch, and I moved the DX 4000 to a different port and still same issue.

That still does not answer why I have no latency when acessing the DX 4000 from the Windows 2008 R2 server I have at this location in adition to the DX 4000. They are all plugged into the same switch.