I have recently purchased a WDTV Live Streaming and I have some problems with network shares: every time I restart the device (whether it is a system restart or that I turn it off for some time) it looses the network share and I am greeted with the “last content source has been removed” message. In addition, when I reconfigure the source I randomly have an error “unable to connect …” and I need to restart the device, again.
My media server is a netbook on XP Home with USB external drives. This is no military grade server I agree, but I can access it from any other computers in my home, including MacBook Pro and 2 Sonos devices, without any problem. Both the server and the WDTV have static IP and are on the same domain. It is a wired network.
In addition I did some test with Ubuntu for NFS sharing and I have still the same problem.
I am the happy owner of a WDTV Live (previous gen) with B-RAD firmware and I purchased the new one because I wanted to increase the WAF of my setup and I am more comfortable with official firmware, but right now it’s a failure.