Laptop/ W10 can't see PR4100

HI,
I do not seem to be able to see my PR4100 from my laptop (wireless).

I get a red circle with white cross in it followed by …
‘\xxxxxPR4100 is not accessible. You night not have permission to use etc.’…

Well I’m signed on as admin and have all permissions set as far as I know.
In fact it can’t see any of the network from windows explorer
Any ideas please

Regards Princy557

Snap_04 November 2020_16h49m02s_002_
Here’s a snap of the actual message shown.
Network seems to be running fine as I have access to another NAS (sorry not WD)
Regards Princy557

@Princy557 Is this issue being reported on My Cloud OS 3 or My Cloud OS 5?
Was it working on OS 3 and now it’s not working on OS 5?

OK
OS5, to the best of my knowledge it was working under OS3.
My laptop did some Windows updates the day before the OS5 came out, so in all honesty it could well be that it’s a windows problems.
I’ve scouted all through the settings for networks etc and so far can’t find anything which looks wrong. I’ve rebooted quite a few times with no changes showing in windows.
I’m not actually sure where to look in W10 (latest update) any more because all the usual suspect areas I have checked.
If anyone has a checklist of network settings , that might be helpful.

Edit a bit:… If I press the diagnose, it messes about for about 3 minutes and tells me nothing found.

Regards Princy557.

@Princy557 : can you check if you can access it via IP address?

Hi MJ03,
I should be well enough again tomorrow to be able to do some more tests.
Sorry about that, I just can’t get to laptop today.
however I do have another question from the desktop while I’ve managed to get here.
I’ll ask it on a new ticket.
Regards
Princy557

Sorry for the delay:
OK as it stands the following is what I see.
Looking at the windows explorer I see PR4100 twice, both will give me an error when I click on them.
If I type in Windows explorer, 192.168.1.31, it goes straight to the login menu and I can log in as ‘admin’, I can then access all the various functions.

Now I need to merge one of my other posts; About not being able to login as any of the users I have added.
I cannot login as a user on the laptop or the desktop… Not sure what’s going on.
Any suggestions please. It’s all become a nightmare to me since the update to OS5
Today (again another ticket) It started indexing, and had not made changes to folders or their contents.
indexing lasted about10 hours.
Regards
Princy557

I’ve raised this again because I can’t see my PR4100 on either my laptop or my desktop Windows machines.
I can access it via web or IP. PR4100 for control purposes but itis not visible in windows explorer so I can’t get at my data at the moment nor can I do my backups etc