Laptop Unable to Locate WD MyCloud on Network

My Microsoft Surface laptop is unable to locate our WD MyCloud on our network. Suggestions?

@ Toulouse21 Have you given it access in the Dashboard?

How are you attempting to locate the My Cloud? Using what program or app? Is the device connected to the same local network as the My Cloud? Is SMB1 enabled on the device?

How to Enable SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support on Windows 10
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4155

I was trying to locate my device via the Cloud dashboard. I received the following error message:

This site can’t be reached

wdmycloud ’s server IP address could not be found.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Yes, my laptop is connected to the same LAN as MyCloud.

Ok. I got as far as typing “\WDMYCLOUD” into the File Explorer address field. Here’s the error message I received:

 # Hmmm…can’t reach this page

Try this

[ Details ]

Check your network router to see if the My Cloud is picking up an IP address from the router’s DHCP server. Most network routers will have an administration page on which one can see what devices are connected to the local network (using IP address) via the router’s DHCP server. Both the Surface device and the My Cloud should be within the same IP address subnet range. For example both devices should have the same IP address subnet range: 192.168.1.x

While in the router settings (administration page) also ensure “client isolation” is not enabled on either the WiFi network assuming your Surface device is connecting to the local network via WiFi.

Edit to add: Also if the Surface device is running a form of Windows. Ensure the Network Location is set to Private and not Public. When set to Public it will block sharing access to local network devices.