LAN IP not renewing when router swapped occurs

I’ve had my EX2 for probably close to 2 years now. I love it, it runs solid. I’m a bit of a router/mod/firmware hobbyist, and I swap out my router every few months. I’ve changed internal IP ranges a few times too, for various reasons.

My problem is this: when I change a router with a new IP range, the EX2 is the ONLY device on my network that never updates its IP address without flipping the power switch on it. I’ve kept it running for multiple days after switching subnets, and it never tries to get a new IP. It’s configured to use DHCP, and I do setup static leases on the router for that device (and a few others).

The HDD is on the other side of my house and I’m lazy. Hence the reason I’m writing this post instead of standing up and walking to it.

Has anyone else experienced this? This is probably the 4th time I’ve changed subnets, and the 4th time I’ve experienced this problem in the last 2 years of ownership. Other than that (and a few little quirks), it’s a killer device, though!

I would presume the device tries to “hold” its current IP configuration for network stability purposes. If so, it would be an intentional design choice. However, it would be best to contact WD Support about this. You can do so over the phone or via E-mail.