Lack of respect

I’ve just bought a WD TV Live Hub when vacationing in New York.

I live in Brazil and after reading some positive reviews about this product, decided to buy it at B&H.

Surprisingly Netflix is not working, and WD says it will never work since the device is intended to be used only in the US and Canada. They claim hardware issues are the problem.

After reading some topics in this forum, I found out that I’m not the only moron who didn’t read the fine print on the box.

Yes, it is said that Netflix won’t work outside North America. Great.

One thing suprised the most. It  was an answer of the “colaborators” wrote here:

" You get what your country allows you to get. Don’t like it? Then move to another country, end of the story."

Only the fact that WD allows this sort of disrespectul attitude towards its customers shows how mediocre the company itself is.

This device is terrible and I will never buy any WD product again.

By the way, cancelled my Netflix account too after complaining and not receiving any satisfactory response.

I don’t think anyone from WD will say such kind of a statement. You have to be informed that this is a user to user forum which means that all of us here except the moderators are customers so most probably the one who said that is also a customer. In fairness to WD, I don’t think WD is disrespecting anybody.

In my humble opinion, this device is one of the best in its class.

Nickeleus wrote:

I’ve just bought a WD TV Live Hub when vacationing in New York.

I live in Brazil and after reading some positive reviews about this product, decided to buy it at B&H.

Surprisingly Netflix is not working, and WD says it will never work since the device is intended to be used only in the US and Canada. They claim hardware issues are the problem.

After reading some topics in this forum, I found out that I’m not the only moron who didn’t read the fine print on the box.

Yes, it is said that Netflix won’t work outside North America. Great.

One thing suprised the most. It  was an answer of the “colaborators” wrote here:

 

" You get what your country allows you to get. Don’t like it? Then move to another country, end of the story."

 

Only the fact that WD allows this sort of disrespectul attitude towards its customers shows how mediocre the company itself is.

This device is terrible and I will never buy any WD product again.

By the way, cancelled my Netflix account too after complaining and not receiving any satisfactory response.

Yup still not reading.

If that statement was given by WD feel free to prove it here.

I know it sounds harsh is not WD’s fault if YOU don’t read before buying.

But that’s MY opinion just in case :wink:

Here’s the so called “solution” that I mentioned.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/Netflix-available-in-Brazil/m-p/253286#M13511

Nickeleus wrote:
Here’s the so called “solution” that I mentioned.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/Netflix-available-in-Brazil/m-p/253286#M13511

As has been said, this is a user to user forum and that was written by another user.

What bothers me is the fact that the quoted response was considered a solution.

Such an arrogant response been considered a solution did irritate me.

I’ve been contacted by WD people suggesting I should exchange my US model for a Latin America one.

I’m evaluating this option.

Nickeleus wrote:

What bothers me is the fact that the quoted response was considered a solution.

Such an arrogant response been considered a solution did irritate me.

I’ve been contacted by WD people suggesting I should exchange my US model for a Latin America one.

I’m evaluating this option.

It was considered a solution by the user who posted the original question and not by WD. As I said before this is a user to user forum. Users ask questions and if they believe their qusetion has been answered by another user they mark it as a solution.

The guy just wants to be mad at WD so I say just let him.:smileyvery-happy:

I say just lock the thread! No more wasted time and effort.