Lacie/Hipserv NAS 2gb limit

Apparently “hipserv” has a 2gb file limit, preventing me fromseeing DVD iso files from WDLive…urgh.

I can see the files on a PC with mapped shared drives to the device. ANy idea how I can make WDlive see the NAS as a share and not go thru the hipserv app?

grampasimpson wrote:

Apparently “hipserv” has a 2gb file limit, preventing me fromseeing DVD iso files from WDLive…urgh.

I can see the files on a PC with mapped shared drives to the device. ANy idea how I can make WDlive see the NAS as a share and not go thru the hipserv app?

If you are running a Windows OS, you can share them out off the LaCie via Windows Media Center as part of your library. The WD should see them that way until Axentra fixes the 2g+ Files size being viewable from the web interface. I use Windows 7 Ultimate and was able to see a couple ISOs I threw up here at work, using Shark 007 Codecs.

Hope that helps!!

Yeah, it kinda helps, except I’m running XP and don’t have media center… I can maybe shre thru media player(?) seems kinda round about… From what I read, hipserv  people don’t seem too concerned about changing this.

You could try the free version of Tversity on XP, that would work. I am not sure about XP sharing the Media Library out, or just making a network share off the NAS. Sorry I can’t be more help =( I don’t have an XP box here anymore…

Actually, I could setup a VM and test it for you, nerds love nerd work, ha ha! Check out Tversity in the meantime if you feel like it.

Also, here is what Microsoft says about sharing your media with Media Player, I am just not sure the XP version will see your ISO files =(

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Share-your-media-in-Windows-Media-Player-with-other-people-or-devices

I played with tversity b4, and don’t care to run another server. Urgh… a large nas that can’t server large files… good

I was hoping to make the DVD menus work with WDLive, which is the whole point.

grampasimpson wrote:

I played with tversity b4, and don’t care to run another server. Urgh… a large nas that can’t server large files… good

I was hoping to make the DVD menus work with WDLive, which is the whole point.

Sorry, grampasimpson, I am out of ideas =( Maybe one of the other guys on the forum will have something you can try though! If I think of anything else I will let you know!

Well, I got it so I can view my Hipserv as a network share thru WD Live. A few resets, adding  the WDLive back to My Workgoup, and providing logon info for the Hipserv allowed me to view it as a share. this bypasses the server and it’s 2gb limit.  Can navigate in ISOs from the Lacie now. Yea. Found a couple VOBs that would function…not sure why some do not.:smiley:

Awesome! I am glad you got the workaround to work =)   I rip all my stuff to MKV as it is usually just me watching stuff, and I don’t need the menus. Several guys here prefer VOB or ISO rips, I hope they can help you.