Labelling mini series

Hi,

I’m currebtly having problems labelling mini series such as the original V and Battlestar galactica that started as mini series and then became fully fledged tv series’.

I use this format: Battlestar Galactica.S01E01

but for some reason I can’t label the mini series, I’ve tried Battlestar Galactica.S00E01 but nothing works…

Any ideas?

Make a folder called

then inside the folder put the episodes. I have mine labled

ep01.mkv

ep01.jpeg

ep02.mkv

ep02.jpeg

that way they are in order ,plus the cover art I made shows up as well. Have been doing this method for a longtime and it never fails

Thanks! But would that give the episode information?

I have a seperate folder for each season and everything’s fine, it;s just labelling and getting the mini series information that I’m having the problems with…

For TV shows, your names, season and episode numbering needs to exactly match the database entries at 

www.thetvdb.com

For example, Battlestar Galactica, was THREE different series; one in 1978, one in 1980, and one in 2003.

For the older one, if you name your files:

Battlestar Galactica.S01E01.avi

It will match the older series.

Unfortunately, it may not be a unique enough name to avoid matching the newer series as well.

For those types of shows, you might be better off using a third-party tool such as “The XML Fetcher” to download the XML files the way you want them.

Aha! And that’s the problem Tony, I’ve lablled Battlestar galactica and Battlestar galactica (2003) but the miniseries on tvdb don’t have an episode number the database just lists them as “specials”

How do  I label them so as to get the info and thumbnails?

Unfortunately, you can’t in most cases…  “Specials” don’t seem to be part of the same API that TheTVDB uses for set top boxes.

But you can use my XML fetcher to do it for you.  See the below screenshot.

But note in this case, there are only two “episodes” listed, and the database has very little information on them – most of the fields are blank.

Ahhh that’s shame! Thank you so much for your help Tony!

TonyPh12345 wrote:
But note in this case, there are only two “episodes” listed, and the database has very little information on them – most of the fields are blank.

Which should be the two 1,5 hour movies of the re-envisioned series from 2003. The 4 seasons started almost a year later.