Kudos V4.1 Beta 03 (Moviesheet SMP) ~ WEEKLY BUILD ADDED

Swenson5 wrote:

WD player to have the moviesheet fade in, it seems like it take a good 3-4 seconds to fade in, is there anyway to speed that up? 

unfortunately … No

also, i would recommend setting the moviesheet interval to “5 Minutes” otherwise it will display the cover as a backdrop (which you don’t want)

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/A-little-guidance-from-the-WDTV-Live-SMP-Community-Themes/m-p/682575#M28482

Ok we switched that to 5 minutes, thank you again for all of your help you are truly a life saver. Hopefully we are good to go and don’t have any more questions.   :slight_smile:  If we come up with anything I will be sure to ask… 

Jen

no problem :smiley:

P.S. just to mention regarding the 3-4 Second delay with moviesheets …

There is a way to display them “instantly” but it requires custom firmware … which i don’t know if you want to venture down that path … or if you want to stay with official firmware.

custom firmware has a learning curve as well (but it’s not difficult once you get familiar with it … but you’ll have to ask questions in the link below … and not here on the official forum)

http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=8707&start=0

Thanks, I will take a look and see if it’s something I think I could figure out. :wink:
I did have another question, is there a way to attach a picture or some sort of jpg in our movie folder, so how it’s set up is we select videos from the main screen then it goes to 3 icons with the blue dvd and film strip one is movies, one is pictures, and I can’t remember the third thing… So we have all of our movie files in this folder called movies, but I thought might be cool if we could attach a jpg that says movies (like how we attach the dvd cover art to a movie) or something and one that says pictures for the other folder… But I wasn’t sure if this was possible and how would we go about it… Hopefully that makes sense if not I could attach a picture to show you what I mean…

Thanks, Jen

a picture would be great :smiley:

for folder images … folder.jpg  or if you *.metathumbs for your movies inside the folder … then you need to name the folder.jpg to >  0.metathumb

backdrops for folders is possible via Linksheets … but’s that a bit more advanced (as long as you don’t need too many … then it’s easy to do)

anyways… nearly 1am here, i will check back later zzzzz

Ok cool I will take a pic when I get home and post. Where do you live? I live in Utah… I am Mtn. Time, I am guessing you are in another country?

Swenson wrote:
 I am guessing you are in another country?

:wink:

Nice pic!!!Ok so I have another question, I hope I’m not driving you crazy :).
Ok so I was looking around the forum and I am wondering if I can download the Simplicity theme? Now from what I have gathered it uses linksheets, so in order to make things easier with the 30 mb limit I would want to download the custom firmware on this page below?..

http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8974

If this will work, how do linksheets differ from movie sheets? Will my current moviesheets transition to linksheets on there own or would I have to tweak them?
What are your thoughts on this? Do you suggest going a different route?

Thanks so much for your help, I think all of you guys on here doing amazing work!!! I just can’t believe how much time and effort so many people have done to help others.

Jen

Ok here is the pic to explain what I was talking about, is there a way to get something to replace these generic folders? So we have all of our movies files in this movies folder. 

Where do you live in Austrailia? My brother lived there for 2 years while serving a religious church mission. He lived in Perth. 

Thanks again for all your help, its crazy how many different options are available for the WD players, its a little overwhelming… but I am glad there are people like you that are willing to help those that are technically challenged… ;)…

Swenson wrote:
If this will work, how do linksheets differ from movie sheets?

put simply, linksheets display instantly … moviesheets do not

Will my current moviesheets transition to linksheets on there own or would I have to tweak them?

you will have to tweak them  (they need the file extension in the name)

http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8974&start=20#p72099

If you have any further questions regarding linksheets and custom firmware, please sign-up on the wdlxtv forum … and i will be happy to answer any questions you may have there. 

regarding the picture … i’m assuming

You have a WD MyCloud connected via Network Shares and on it you have organized into separate folders

Movies

Tv Shows

Documentaries

etc etc

if so, then in your “Movies” folder … you need either a  folder.jpg   or and/or (rename folder.jpg to)   0.metathumb

for the backdrop, only Linksheets will work   (Moviesheets don’t display for folders … only files) 

Thanks Joey, I will post my other questions in the forum you suggested. :slight_smile:

I had a hard drive crash and lost all of the ThumbGen themes could some one repost the ThumbGen Bundle for Kudos V4.1 Beta 03 as the original link is dead

Thanks,

Original Author is AWOL

This is all i have …

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Themes/Kudos-V4-1-Beta-03-Moviesheet-SMP-WEEKLY-BUILD-ADDED/m-p/792633#M15193

1 Like

Hi Joey

Not AWOL, just lost password and Login and cannot get WD to reset and allow me back in.

I have all the original files still, but no longer have WDTV unit.

Can upload any file needed, includin g earlier revs

Cheers Lesterbangs

Welcome back :smiley:

I’m sure people would appreciate updating the dead dropbox links on Page(1)

Thanks

Ok, so I have lost my WD login (attached to an dead email address and it appears that I can no longer edit my posts). So I copied page 1 and updated all the Links below.

Enjoy… LB

WEEKLY Build added   ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- This is experimental build 4.2 beta THEME Only. It can and will change at a whim. No support and No promises

– Weekly Build B7 –   HERE

• - Code and graphics clean up a little
  • - All Front Menus changed (got sick of Iron Man and Ms Perry)

welcome_logo.png

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Otherwise use the links below for the non experimental build 

Kudos V4.1 Beta 03 (Moviesheet Theme SMP)

Watchmen.jpg

folder.jpg

Game of Thrones.S01E01.Winter is Coming.jpg

small.jpg 

Theme Download here Link (send to SMP via Browser – Chrome)

Folders Genre Jpegs here  Link (copy into folder for Movie Genre)   Consolidated Genre Folders

Some addition Folder Genre (from Page 4). Find them here: Additional Folders

More Genre Thumbs here: USER Requests

Note: The above 2 ZIPs are included in the main Link Genre above (now)

Thumbgen Bundle here Link (Install in Thumbgen via “Manage Bundles” icon on main menu)

Try this basic Guide -   HERE

– Change Log Beta 3 – 

• Theme Clean up including Graphics, Text and Icon changes
    • Changed Layouts of theme (too many to list)
    • Updated Thumbgen Templates and Profiles (Movies and TV Series) - Now in Thumbgen Bundle
  • - Changed Main Background

More pics - Link

Once again this is a port of other talented programmers/artists and most of this theme is borrowed from their hard work, so a big thanks to DeVicious, Tinwarble, Joey Smith, surrealpro (all theme stuff), extremedigital and LStar (moviesheet templates) and apologies to any I have missed.

Remember this is a Beta and please message me any bugs that you find.

Cheers LB

1 Like

Thanks Lesterbangs

I’ve contacted a MOD to see if you can get your original Username / Login Re-activated

appreciate the update of download links for all users to enjoy

Very cool, thank you ppurcell14, Kudos is my absolute favorite theme.   Joey’s Alaska Resurface was my clear favorite before I came upon Kudos, and I’m hoping for a Hub version of his PM4 theme.  There are quite of few very nice themes for the WD, but IMO, yours stands apart.

Thanks Lesterbangs !!

Earlier in the thread you mentioned a PSD file for the images would you still have that available?

I just need to remove some of the menu items like games

TIA

Steve