Kudos V4.1 Beta 03 (Moviesheet SMP) ~ WEEKLY BUILD ADDED

No it’s not a noob question, a noob part on WD in my opinion.

It is possible, BUT only with a non linksheet theme. Joey has posted a link to a modified theme that will dispay different hard drive thumbs for connected drives, but then you will lose all theme you have sorted out including your moviesheets working correctly.

There is another of my “messy” workarounds, you basically change the PNG files inside the theme to a PNG of a hard drive, unfortunately this image will also show for folders that don’t have art work.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Main-Folder-Thumbnail/m-p/538325/highlight/true#M11104

Many thanks for getting back so soon.

Would you happen to know which PNG(s) you need to change?

I’m guessing I would have to unzip the theme, perform the changes and rezip it again and then upload the theme to the WD SMP?

Cheers,

Mark.

PS. I was thinking along the lines of having something similar to a “folder.jpg” image of each drive stored at its root level etc… I tried this but no joy, although the WD SMP shows the drive as a ‘folder’ (when media library is on).

Hey there! :slight_smile:

i have a problem with my moviesheets! :frowning:

i always used “kudos v4.1 tv series sheets” for my series and it worked fine!and today i tried to do some new series and all of a sudden it doesn’t work anymore?!

if i use this profile thumbgen only creates 1 jpg with the cover of the show instead of cover+moviesheet?! :frowning:

i never changed any settings! any ideas? :frowning:

Its not this theme. It’s Thumbgen, it needs an update. The author says he will be updating it before the weekend to fix the problem.  TV sheets are still working but moviesheets are not.

Every now and again, open the latest version of ThumbGen and click on the “File” tab. Now click on ‘Check For Updates’ and when available you can download the most recent version.

thx for the quick answer! :slight_smile:

i just tried a movie, and moviesheets are working fine for me with the “kudos v4.1 moviesheets clear” profile!

but if i want to make a tv sheet it just creates the cover! :frowning:

hmm…but why does it need an update?nothing changed (same theme,settings,profile…)?!

It needs an update because themoviedb.org changed it’s API which caused Thumbgen to not work correctly for moviesheets. There are many many posts on this board about this.

Here is one of them, you can read all about it.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-SMP-Discussions/Mojo-for-the-SMP-Updated-9-29-12/td-p/287022/page/51

There is a nice tutorial created by Tinwarble on how to use Thumbgen for TV shows.  You can find it here.  I suggest you download it and read it.  It will show you what settings you need.

I lurk a lot around here. But every once in a while, after a marathon blitz of movie watching, I have to come back here to say how much I love this theme, and how easy it makes easy it to pretty much have a movie jukebox at my control. That is all.

1 Like

hey there!

i upgraded thumbgen to 1.3.9.0 and i still have the same problem with tv series sheets using the “Kudo V4.1 - TV Series Sheets” profile! :frowning:

thumbgen only creates the .tgmd and the cover pic, but no series sheets?! :frowning:

Got my TG up and running again for my movies again and I’m so happy!

Quick question you guys. Unrelated to this issue, I actually uninstalled and reinstalled Windows to speed up my lagging computer. It is working great, but unfortunately I forgot to save my profile defaults from TG. I’ve got nearly everything up and running the way it should, but there’s one thing I want to make sure I’m doing correct. If I remember correctly from a while back, there was some size of size and/or pixel limitation on the folder.jpg file in order for it to always be seen. Can someone enlighten me as to what this restriction was?

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

Really sorry for asking a Thumbgen question here… but I asked over at the Thumbgen forums and got zero replies, I’m hoping you guys can help. 

Firstly, thanks to the creator and all who have input to the Kudos theme, it’s amazing.

My problem is that I have just installed Thumbgen and read through some forum posts regarding usage… 

I have all my movies in seperate folders within one root “Movies” folder and have installed a bundle pack for the Kudos theme.

I have trailers in each folder usually called either “movie-trailer.mov” or “{moviename}{quality}-trailer.mov” but try as I might, I cannot get Thumbgen to ignore these trailers.

Under Process Files and Folders I have the option ticked to show files “without moviesheet” and under options I have entered the word “trailer” in the field “Skip also these words” however when I click “Im feeling Lucky” to start the processing, I see the following;

• All main movies without existing movie sheets are listed (good)
  • All movie trailers are listed to be processed (bad)

Any ideas would be hugely appreciated as it takes forever trying to create images for “Movie-trailer.mov” in every folder

cheers

joker81aus wrote:

Under Process Files and Folders I have the option ticked to show files “without moviesheet” and under options I have entered the word “trailer” in the field “Skip also these words” however when I click “Im feeling Lucky” to start the processing, I see the following;

• All main movies without existing movie sheets are listed (good)
  • All movie trailers are listed to be processed (bad)
    Any ideas would be hugely appreciated as it takes forever trying to create images for “Movie-trailer.mov” in every folder
    cheers

What happens when you try the other processing modes ?

“Manual Mode”, “Semiautomatic Mode”, “Automatic Mode”

Hey thanks for the reply…

I selected a single Movie folder to test and tried all 3 modes, they do what they are supposed to in that they ask me for clarifying information about the movie but the “movie-trailer.mov” file still shows up in the right pane to be processed.

Its like ThumbGen is ignoring my filter, or cant understand the filter

Cheers

Scott

if all your trailers are in mov format … you could try this (in thumbgen settings)

Skip folder/file matching this expression

*.mov

Also for the other ignore setting…

Skip folders/files having in their names (comma separated: sample,trailer)

try  -trailer   (that’s with a hyphen)

or even  -,trailer (hyphen,comma)

I’ll be honest, ive never used the ignore options in thumbgen (so, i’m guesstimating this :neutral_face:)

1 Like

Thanks Joey but no good.

Neither of those options excluded the filename movie-trailer.mov

:frowning:

The only other way which i’m pretty sure would work  (but it is a bit more work)

Install Batch Renaming software (one that supports “recursive” mode)

and batch rename the *.mov files to a non-media file extension that thumbgen won’t detect

eg. movie-trailer.mov  >  movie-trailer.rem

then once finished processing with thumbgen … batch rename *.rem back to  *.mov

1 Like

That’s a good workaround thanks I’ll do that to get me going again…

Would be interested to know if there’s a fix for this though.

Cheers mate.

Using Kudos V6 theme on the SMP, but this is a general question. I have tried searching for previous entries relating to this but could not find anything.

When loading moviesheets, it takes about 3 seconds to load the image (does not appear to make much difference when media library is on or off). Is there any way to speed up the loading of moviesheets?

Any ideas?

Not as far as I know…that’s the way it has always been for me.

ukmark wrote:

Using Kudos V6 theme on the SMP, but this is a general question. I have tried searching for previous entries relating to this but could not find anything.

When loading moviesheets, it takes about 3 seconds to load the image (does not appear to make much difference when media library is on or off). Is there any way to speed up the loading of moviesheets?

Any ideas?

Linksheets    (Instantly display)

Quick Guide / Info:

This is how Moviesheets and Linksheets work…

(For Linksheets, the SMP has a 30MB storage limitation … unless you use Beta Homebrew. WDTV Live Hub users do not require Homebrew. And have the Internal HDD for storage 500gb,1tb,2tb)

Moviesheets (3 second delay, only works in Gallery View)

Your Movie xml contains a tag to display an image.

eg. The Dark Knight Rises_sheet.jpg

Linksheets  (which work with every view, no delay)

**SHEETS FOR FILES:  Rename the Moviesheet with a File Extension that matches your Movie File.
eg.
If you have… Watchmen.mkv  then Rename your Moviesheet to Watchmen.mkv  then cut and paste it into your Theme Folder.

SHEETS FOR FOLDERS:  Rename the Moviesheet with NO File Extension
eg.
If you have… MYMOVIES folder  then Rename your Moviesheet to MYMOVIES  then cut and paste it into your Theme Folder.

The File Path to Place Moviesheets is the Root of your Theme folder (ie. where all the XML files are)
  .wd_tv\theme\My Theme\ [Place Movie/LinkSheets here]   *

Finally the “Theme” designer includes these lines of XML code into their Theme which makes the “Linksheets” appear
For Gallery View: <image image=“@@browse_text” x=“0” y=“0” w="1280"h=“720” scale=“100” bg=“1”/>
For All Other Views: **

* For SMP users, once you’ve placed the linksheets in the root of your theme folder … rezip at root level and upload it to your SMP

1 Like

Many thanks for the info Joey.

I have reduced the size of my moviesheets to around 200-250k each. I don’t want to reduce any more. I have over 400 movie files (and growing), so I will comfortably blow the 30Mb limit. (I previously had a gen 2 box and ran linksheets on that - took about 3-4 minutes to cache the sheets, but once done, they were instant as you say).

I’ll have to look into the homebrew beta for SMP. I believe this is the link:- http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7663

(NB. I’ve taken a quick look and it would appear that you run the homebrew firmware on a permanently attached USB stick. I think I’ll look into this as I love the Kudos V6 moviesheets that LB designed …)

Cheers again!