Kodi will only stream local content, not from addons :(

Not sure what has happened. It used to work. I got a new(ish) laptop and put the latest version of Linux Mint on it (I don’t use Windoze) and added the latest version of Kodi, with some video addons. I have done this lots of times for my family etc, with no problems.

However, whilst Kodi will stream any locally stored Video or Music files to my WD TV Live box with no problems at all. If I now try to use Kodi’s “play to” and select my WD TV Live box to send ANY content from Kodi that is coming from the addons, it simply doesn’t work. No error messages on either Kodi or my WD TV Live box, nothing :frowning:

Has anyone else had any experience of this please?

Hi,

I haven’t use that Kodi, let’s see if any of the users can share some information about it.

Hi there ERmorel, when you say “I haven’t used that Kodi” I’m not sure what you mean my friend. Perhaps you are thinking the version of Kodi for Linux is different? It’s not different, in so much as, Kodi for Linux operates in the same way as any other version.

I did try asking this over on the Kodi forums, but they do not like discussing anything to do with addons because so many (most) of them a pirate ware.

I am wondering if it’s something to do with my WD TV Live box. I can send Kodi addon streams to my phone for example, just not to the WD TV Live box, only works with content off my hard drive :frowning: