Keeps scrolling after firware update (1.04.31_v)

Hi All,

I’m new to this forum.

I’ve just upgraded my firware to 1.04.31_v and now when I use the up/down keys on my WD TV Live HD Media Player it continuously keeps scrolling through the menu.

Any suggestions on what I should do or if anyone else is getting this?

Thanks,

Sitaram

You could try a reset. Press the side paperclip button for a couple of seconds and then release with the unit fully booted up. The WDTV should reboot.

You could also remove the unit from power for some minutes.

Make sure the remote has not got any stuck keys. If you put the remote in your pocket does it keep scrolling.

Have had the intermittent jump 2 in the menus in last few updates, but have seen it to continuously scroll.

Hi All

I am having the same problem with scrolling on all 3 wdtv live players i have, after updating the firmware

& the issue with the brightness.

The fix I went with was roll back the firmware to the previous one until they fix it

willoug

Downgrading the firmware did not help either.
Spent many hours ont his problem with no positive result.
Is someone from WD reading this forum?

willoug wrote:

Hi All

I am having the same problem with scrolling on all 3 wdtv live players i have, after updating the firmware

& the issue with the brightness.

The fix I went with was roll back the firmware to the previous one until they fix it

willoug

This double key / repeat key problem also exists in earlier version of the firmware.  Initially, I thought it was the remote.  But swapping the remote from my other WD box, I realize it was likely the box itself.

From trial and error, I found that doing a reset using the hole (not factory reset using menu, but paperclip in the hole next to the USB plug on the side); it will put a stop to the double key / repeat key.  I just confirmed it again since mine was doing it too much.

I used to reset every firmware upgrade.  But it is such a pain to redo everything I stopped that.  However, having done reset like that, I found that the process of upgrading seem to bring it on, the menu reset doesn’t clear the double/repeat key, but reset via the hole clears it.  The double/repeat key problem does return.  I know for sure upgrading is a process that causes it.  I am however not sure it is the only process to get it.