Keeps scanning media even after deleting!

After a few thousand of FTP images (.jpg) I cleaned up the directories and stopped the FTP sending of the files.

So there are now about only 300 images in other directories. Strange thing is it keeps finding those thousand of images,

even AFTER rebooting the drive! Could it be there is a bug in the firmware which scans also deleted images which are still present on the disc (only a format would wipe them out)? I am now back to firmware 4.x but have this seen on the 3.x firmware too…

Why is the MyCloud still finding those images? The drive is scanning forever even after deleting them (see screenshot)

I already disabled en reenabled the wdmcserverd and wdphotodbmergerd and cleared the cache in the Twonky server but that didn’t do anything…

Can someone look into this?

Is there a cache file I can delete with WinSCP and SHH ??

WD: PLEASE MAKE URGENT WORK OF THE BUGGY 4.x FIRMWARE, DON’T LET US WAIT  !

Naamloos 1.jpg

what is scanning them? Twonky and the wd______ processes are compleatly different.

where are you seeing the scanning?

larryg0 wrote:

what is scanning them? Twonky and the wd______ processes are compleatly different.

where are you seeing the scanning?

Maybe the BIG RED ARROW…?  (doh)

It’s crawling over 100.000 pictures which aren’t there anymore…

this site does not display pictures for a long time

I don’t know why WD software would be behaving this way.  I did notice in my own testing that deleting Gigabytes of data from My Cloud would cause it to go into scanning mode for long periods of time - same as if I were copying large amounts of data to the drive.  All of these problems went away for me after I disabled the two software daemons mentioned in many other posts.  BTW, I still use Twonky but with auto rescan disabled (via Twonky web console) and I don’t have the file scanning issues anymore.  I am still on v4 firmware.

Wijllie: Easy, friend. We’re trying to help, remember?

Understanding what’s going on is the key, here. The drive creates/updates a database of these files on the drive (be it for twonky or otherwise). Removal of files is an update to the database. The larger the database, the longer it takes to update. Each file check is a single update. Ergo, very long scanning times after a large database change.

Now, I understand that many users (myself included) do not appreciate the changes (and problems) with the 4.x firmware. And since I’m not using it personally, my advice may not be accurate. However, I suggest you rebuild your database from scratch, or even factory-restore the system files (not the data!) to remove the old (bloated for sure, corrupted possibly) database.

Ouglee wrote:
Wijllie: Easy, friend. We’re trying to help, remember?

Understanding what’s going on is the key, here. The drive creates/updates a database of these files on the drive (be it for twonky or otherwise). Removal of files is an update to the database. The larger the database, the longer it takes to update. Each file check is a single update. Ergo, very long scanning times after a large database change.

Now, I understand that many users (myself included) do not appreciate the changes (and problems) with the 4.x firmware. And since I’m not using it personally, my advice may not be accurate. However, I suggest you rebuild your database from scratch, or even factory-restore the system files (not the data!) toted for sure, corrupted possibly) database.

I know you can delete the dlna/twonky database in the settings by renewing it (media settings) but there should be the same option for the other database pics and other files, that’s why I ask if I could delete a file with SSH. After a few days I delete the thousands of captured security pics and can’t wait two days till the database is refreshed. And a factory restore every week because of this is out of the question. Scanning for over 100.000 pics when they are already deleted is a big error by the makers of the soft/firmware and if they would address it I’m pretty sure other sortlike complaints would vanish with it. That’s why I am so angry, if so many users experience problems with the **bleep** database rescanning over and over again they should fix it even if they have to revoke the 4.x firmware.