Keep having to reboot mybook world 1TB

Hey,

I’m starting to run out of ideas and was hoping somebody might have some thoughts, or maybe I just need to have it exchanged.

I am using a 1TB MyBook World Edition (white light) which is fully updated, and has its power save feature disabled, however after roughly 24 hours, the device completely stops responding and has to be power cycled. Once the device is power cycled, it works flawlessly for the next 24-48 hours, then stops responding.

The MyBook is connected directly to an Apple Airport Extreme wireless N router via standard cat5. When the device stops responding, it will not respond to my xbox360, PS3, laptops, or desktops.

It has been doing this for quite a while now and I am starting to wonder if it is just a bad device that needs to be replaced.

Thanks for any thoughts!

I have the same problem.

This thread might also be related:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-World-Edition/Drive-Becomes-Un-Accessible-After-short-use/td-p/3209

I read every page of the refrenced thread. I will try to disable mionet, but removing twonky is not an option for me. If it still fails, I will have to look into another device.

We will see what happens tonight! wish me luck :stuck_out_tongue: