Just ordered a Hub, what's the easiest way to add wireless audio?

Hello there! My apologies for a random question regarding the setup of this beast; I currently have my pc attached to my computer and enjoy having wireless audio (Headset from Logitech) attached to it. I’m going to be moving my TV and having the WD Hub provide all my playing needs; what would people suggest as being the best way to add wireless audio to this setup? 5.4ghz headphones? Thanks!!

Maybe you should have asked before buying.

Could you get wireless audio from your TV without using your PC ? I am guessing not, so the Hub is the same, its not a PC, so there is no way to put any drivers or the likes on there.

What Feather,

i had similar problem…my solution was to buy a sony surrond sound system with “party play”

this feature allows you to push wireless audio to DLNA network attached devices…dunno if this will solve your problem ,

but it solved mine…check it out

1 Like

So you had to buy a surround system to use wireless audio. ? How bizarre.

Apart from the expense, it means he still has to use his PC to send wireless to a Surround system he has to buy.

Would it not have been cheaper to get a wireless headphones that a base unit plugs into the headphone out socket on the TV. That might be another option.

Wow, pardon me for asking for advice. Was the snootyness really necessary?

Thank you for your reply BClark. I appreciate you trying to be genuinely helpful, not to mention polite!

Snootyness…not at all.

But how did you think you could get a Media Player to work PC headphones, all I was saying was you maybe needed to ask the question before you ordered. Its a tiny card inside that only trans codes video really.

In fact it struggles to do wireless internet tbh. :slight_smile:

Maybe you should re-read my original question. “what would people suggest as being the best way to add wireless audio to this setup? 5.4ghz headphones? Thanks!!”

Where exactly did you hear me ask if I could use my logitech headset on the Hub…?

Well your question does not make 100% sense tbh. You say you have your PC connected to your computer ?

But I worked out that you meant, TV to your computer…so if you are taking the PC out of the equation, that leaves the TV with the Hub, now if I am guessing correctly, and it is a wireless headset that works through a USB, and therefore needs USB drivers, how else did you think it was possible.

I think the best think you can do is get a new wireless headset and receiver, plug the sender into the audio out headphone jack of your TVand you should be sorted.

But if you are think that buying a surround sound system to use wireless sound is helpful, my time here is wasted. :slight_smile:

You’re not the only one with time wasted. I appreciate you trying to help, but next time please try not to be so quick to judge.

Eh…judge, no common sense…what part have I missed. Is it not only your TV and Hub you are working with ?

@ wdtvhub
I feel ya.

1 Like

I bought a pair of wireless headphones for my then-84-year-old father-in-law when he moved in eight years ago. Best purchase I ever made.

From my TV’s RCA audio out (white and red), I have an adapter on each jack that splits into two (about $5 each). One set of audio then goes to my amplifier that drives the external speakers and the other set goes to the wireless headphone stand/charger/transmitter.

Works like a charm.

curtswanson wrote:

I bought a pair of wireless headphones for my then-84-year-old father-in-law when he moved in eight years ago. Best purchase I ever made.

From my TV’s RCA audio out (white and red), I have an adapter on each jack that splits into two (about $5 each). One set of audio then goes to my amplifier that drives the external speakers and the other set goes to the wireless headphone stand/charger/transmitter.

Works like a charm.

This would be great answer if the question was not so vague.
For example what type of TV, does it have RCA out or just Optical/Toslink, does headphones have their own transmitter and power adapter…
If TV has only toslink/optical than RCA can be taken from HUB video/audio, but only in case that HDMI is used for video and audio transfer to TV etc.