Jumping ship on Mac, switching to PC. Need help to reformat!

I have a WD My Book Pro RAID (2 4TB drives), formatted for Mac, that I need to reformat to NTFS (I’m switching from Mac to PC) and maintain the RAID functionality (RAID 1). I’ve backed up (two locations) all data on it, so I just need to reformat to use on Windows 10 laptop (and future custom built PC).

How should I do this? Is it as simple as reformatting each drive through Disk Management to NTFS or is it more involved?

Product reference: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist.jsp&A=details&Q=&sku=1148574&is=REG&fromDisList=y

Thank you!

Hi Trogglus,

You can follow the below mentioned steps to use My Book Pro drive on Windows computer:

1. Safely dismount the device drives and disconnect the device from your Mac computer.

2. From your Windows computer, go to:

1. Download and install the latest Windows version of the WD Drive Utilities software.

2. Connect the My Book Pro device to your Windows computer as shown in “Connecting the Device and Getting Started” on page 7.

3. If a Found New Hardware screen appears, click Cancel to close it. The WD software installs the proper driver for your device.

4. Verify that the device appears on the Windows WD Drive Utilities screen.

5. Use either the Drive Erase function or the RAID Management Configuration function of the Windows WD Drive Utilities software to reformat the My Book Pro drives to NTFS partitions.

Now your My Book Pro device is now ready to use on your Windows computer. You can refer manual of My Book Pro for further details: