iView no longer working

boy, if they replace them with the 2014 WDTV Media Player … then that’s great

Unless you use Netflix … which aint so great  (the 2014 WDTV Media Player doesent have Netflix)

Anyways, if you don’t use Netflix, then that’s fine … if you do get the 2014 model be sure to update the

firmware to 1.02.17  because that has the iView fix  (works fine for me) :smiley:

Great news Davechap.

I’ve been waiting watching this thread patiently and had ALL but given up on WD (I’m in the same boat as you and My I view with WD TV Live hasn’t works since November -  real pain since that was the main motivation for getting it in the firat place!!)

Do you have a contact email to WD Support so that I (and perhaps others in the same boat )  can email WD directly and that way perhaps circumvent the long wait for WD to act by its self if at all? 

Regards

(not) 2happy

try clicking “Email Support” on this page

http://support.wdc.com/contact/

The email address they contacted me on was “WD Support wdsupport@wdc.com

True to their word, the FedEx courier arrived and picked up my two older model WD TV Live Streaming boxes today. Once they arrive in Malaysia and are validated under the RMA process, I’m assured in writing that new (ie, current/nextgen) boxes will be sent in return. 

Good luck - may you be 2happy once more … :slight_smile:

Rgs, Dave.

Thanks, Joey. I have other ways to get Netflix, though it’s a shame to hear it won’t work on the newer model. 

If only I could get Netflix, Plex and iView all on one device - the world would indeed be a beautiful place! :-)

I understand it’ll be the 2014 model - will definitely make sure the latest firmware is on it!

Rgs, Dave.

davechap wrote:

If only I could get Netflix, Plex and iView all on one device - the world would indeed be a beautiful place! :-)

Playstation 3 has Plex and ABC iView… and i guess if i subscribed to Unblock-US, Netflix too :wink:

(but personally speaking, the PS3 is a lousy Media Player … but Blu-Ray playback is nice)

I miss iView on my SMP too.

However, there is a relatively painless solution.

The current firmware allows the SMP to act as a Miracast device.

I’m able to connect to it from my Android phone or tablet where I can run the ABC iView app to watch.

[Edit: There’s this thread too… http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/miracast-not-working/td-p/782055

I leave my Ethernet cable connected, it works fine.  Using HTC One M7, ASUS Nexus & GenII]

If I was happy to run it from my phone or tablet I wouldn’t have ever bought my two WD devices in the first place.

Dave2000 wrote:

However, there is a relatively painless solution.

The current firmware allows the SMP to act as a Miracast device.

Unfortunately for me, YouTube leanback takes forever to load and usually crashes with the latest firmware, and also the device constantly has the ‘out of memory’ error.

It’s not an option for me.

Looks like a while to wait for a fix yet:

Update on issues affecting iview on WD TV Live Devices

Western Digital Technologies has informed the ABC that a firmware update for WD TV Live devices, reinstating access to iview on these devices, is not scheduled to be provided before June 2015. The ABC is currently reviewing its arrangements with Western Digital Technologies. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

http://iview.abc.net.au/support/announcements

“reviewing its arrangements” sounds ominous.

Just to iterate … this only effects the WDTV Live Streaming and not the 2014 WDTV Media Player

which did recieve a Firmware update to reinstate ABC iView (December 2014)

• Resolved issue with ABC iView not streaming content via WD TV

http://community.wd.com/t5/News-Announcements/New-Release-WD-TV-Media-Player-Firmware-Version-1-02-17-12-16-14/td-p/834434

Personally, I own a 2014 WDTV Media Player and ABC iView is working fine now. Australia,QLD

Why they make it sound for all WDTV devices ? … i don’t know

Why havent they released a firmware update to fix it on the Live Streaming ? … i don’t know (maybe it will be June 2015 … which is still a long time)

That’s fantastic yours works.

This is the WD TV Live Streaming forum and the rest of us are stuck for the next 4+ months unless we shell out $149 for a new box which is otherwise the same.

check your personal messages 

JoeySmyth wrote:

check your personal messages 

Wait, wait, wait… Is there some super secret  that you are hiding?

I’ve been watching this thread for the past 2 months waiting for a fix but… if we have to wait until June :confounded: :crying_cat_face: I have two WD Live Streamer’s :mansad:

DJChesus wrote: Wait, wait, wait… Is there some super secret  that you are hiding?

nope

JoeySmyth wrote:

Just to iterate … this only effects the WDTV Live Streaming and not the 2014 WDTV Media Player

which did recieve a Firmware update to reinstate ABC iView (December 2014)

• Resolved issue with ABC iView not streaming content via WD TV

http://community.wd.com/t5/News-Announcements/New-Release-WD-TV-Media-Player-Firmware-Version-1-02-17-12-16-14/td-p/834434

Personally, I own a 2014 WDTV Media Player and ABC iView is working fine now. Australia,QLD

Why they make it sound for all WDTV devices ? … i don’t know

Why havent they released a firmware update to fix it on the Live Streaming ? … i don’t know (maybe it will be June 2015 … which is still a long time)

Is there in fact, an older firmware release where the WD TV Live does still support ABC iView or was it something the ABC changed (I heard security or streaming protocols) which affected both models  and with WD choosing to only provide a fiw for their newest model.

No, ABC iView will not work on older Firmware …

you are correct that ABC changed the protocol for security reasons which affected all devices that feature ABC iView

ie. so it works on the New WDTV with the latest firmware (1.02.17)  but not the SMP

Off / On topic:

The funny thing, Sony still havent fixed it on the PS3 … although it works fine, There is a Security Certificate Warning which you have Ignore ie. click Yes … to watch iView

Thank you Unit79. Glad that someone could tell me why this box no longer works. And yes, WD, the box was the MAJOR reason why I bought it. Now another gadget to go in the bin. I’ll give it another 30 days for a firmware update that most likely won’t happen.

I have 2 WDTV and iView is no longer working on either. Everything was fine a few days ago.

Whats happened?

ABC “Retired” it on the 1st July 2015 … no more ABC iView on WDTV’s anymore

http://iview.abc.net.au/support/announcements

You will have to watch it on a different device.

(eg. i have a PC, PS3, Phone, Tablet, Chromecast, Smart TV … all of which i can watch ABC iView on)