Itunes server not working

Hi guys,

Not sure when this problem started. I’m using latest itunes 10.5 and latest firmware. Haven’t had an issue before, but now I can’t connect to itunes server. I see it listed in itunes but when I click to connect, it just says Loading for a second and then stops. Other times it’ll just load forever and nothing happens. Anyone have this issue or know how to fix it?

Thanks

It’s because of iTunes 10.5.   They changed / added an option to the way DAAP works, and very few third party devices support this change yet.

There’s a major scramble in most third-party devices (like the WD’s) to incorporate the new mt-daap and forked-daap GPL libraries to incorporate this change.

So, in other words, it’s WD’s issue, but it was created by Apple.   And lots of other devices OTHER than WD have the same problem right now.

Thanks Tony.  I hope WD fixes this soon, but they honestly don’t have a great track record. Hopefully Apple releases an update to iTunes to fix this. Do you think this was deliberate on their end?

Btw, I don’t see this posted in the Issues forum. Should I post there about it to get WD’s attention?

Well, they “own” the daap standard, so they can do anything with it they want to.

From what I’ve read, they didn’t do anything NEW, they just implemented a part of the “standard” that the GPL library wasn’t prepared for.  

The GPL authors had a fix within a few days, but it will take a lot of time for all the vendors that make use of that GPL to incorporate the new build…

Never hurts to post an issue.

I’m having the same problem.  Can’t access my iTunes library on the WD Live Hub using iTunes.  I even tried it at a friend’s place, using her Mac, but still nothing.

I guess we just have to wait until WD updates the firmware and fixes it.