iTunes library file repeatedly damaged

iTunes library file keeps appearing as damaged. All music is on the MyCloud device, full instructions were followed on original set-up. Has been functioning fine for nearly two years.
I have attempted to repair the damaged file with Apple’s instructions, no success.
I have tried to recreate the very large library album by album with proper consolidation and stored appropriately. Files repeatedly trigger a -39 unknown error (cannot back-up files).
I get a certain distance through the library re-build. Come back and re-open iTunes, iMac refuses to open music library, changes formerly working library to (damaged).
Apple claim their is a formatting issue that WD has to resolve.
Any ideas?

Hi nklester,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en
The link below will allow you to call support.

Thanks for the tip Brandon, I’ve now got a support case open and underway!
N

Did you get a solution. I am running into the same problem!

Unfortunately I had to give up with the WD device. Instead I installed a larger hard drive and put my files back into the computer itself. I suspect delays in the WD waking up/processing commands was having an effect on the communication between the Mac and the WD drive. I had some issues with the wired external drives I use (different brand) but nothing that caused such an ongoing issue!
Sorry

Thanks for letting me know! I really appreciate it that you took the time :pray:
The odd thing is that I have 2! libraries and 1 of them remains unharmed.

I hope I can get it to work. I bought the 450 Euro’s drive mainly for this!

have a great weekend.