It's old but can anyone offer advice on a MIONET My Book World edition Blue ring

Hi all,
I would be very grateful if anyone could advise please?

I have an old Western Digital My Book World edition Blue ring hard drive. I’ve recently connected it to my router directly but see the MIONET service is no more? How can i access my data and files still on here please? - As i also have a WD 6TB My Cloud EX2 Network Attached Storage - NAS - could i connect the two drives via a USB cable to gain access? I know its an old unit but i still have files i require? could you be kind enough to advise please.

I have tried and was advised to try and MAP my MIONET drive within file explorer but get stuck when it asks for log in credentials??

Any advice would be appreciated

Kind Regards

You do not need MIONET in order to access your files locally. Mapping your NAS in Windows Explorer is the right way to go.

However, if you do not remember your unit’s credentials for the share you are trying to access then log into your NAS’s admin page and change the share’s permission to Public, and then reboot. It should no longer ask for a password.