Issues with streaming files from NAS and other related network Issues

I spent a week trying to get the Live TV to connect to my network. This is what i discovered.

It doesn’t work. This device would cause havoc with my network cause the NAS drive to hang. I spent many hours trying to figure this out.

Solution. Return to Best Buy and replace it with a panasonic DBT220 Network Blu-ray player with streaming media and NAS support.

This cost me 10.00 more, works great, and i got a blu-ray to boot. The only complaints that i have with the panasonic is if you have alot of small video files in a folder you can’t do a slideshow so you have to select the next video and press play. It’s a little bit of a pain. I will try creating a playlist to see if that works. Also it does not play Itunes music.

For me I wanted to stream Video and photos from my NAS so this works great. U-tube works well also. I have not tried the other streaming services yet.

Good luck all with your live tv. I had none

If you are having problems with Live TV working with your network I’d say dump it and try something else.

Good luck with the panasonic. 

the issue may have to do with the fact your not streaming directly from a computer  i had a simular issue with the pogoplug device iso files would show up but couldnt be play thru my wdtvhdlive  it has to do with compliance with the dlna digital right managment

PJC63 wrote:

I spent a week trying to get the Live TV to connect to my network. This is what i discovered.

It doesn’t work. This device would cause havoc with my network cause the NAS drive to hang. I spent many hours trying to figure this out.

It’s does work. The problem is you and your knowledge in how to set it up.