Issues with PLEX and My Cloud Home

Still unable to get remote access to Plex to work since the update, has anyone else got theirs working again?

My PLEX library deleted itself again today, and that’s the last straw with this thing, I’m no longer wasting any time banging my head off a wall trying to get this working right, and I will be avoiding WD products in future.

For what it’s worth, remote access was working fine. Just annoying when I head off to work and when I go to stream some of my music through the PLEX app on the way, I find that all of it has gone, again.

2 Likes

This is exactly what happened to me

Had nothing but issues since getting a home duo and now this, i think I’ll be getting a different brand NAS when I next upgrade

2 Likes

All of my PLEX libraries were cleared after the last update. WD, what is happening ?

After restarting the MCHD, the files were synchronized again on all libraries.

My library hasn’t cleared automatically in almost few weeks now so that’s good

Weird thing is plex will no longer automatically detect files added or deleted from the plex folder. Same thing goes for changing the name etc, will only update if I force it to

Anyone else having this problem ?

No remote access, no access on the same network and now plex is showing any new added files since 2 days ago. Everyone else still having the issue

Same problem. Every time I restart Plex I have the message ‘unable to connect to My Cloud Home’ securely on laptop and mobile. With patience I can switch the Plex app off and on in the My Cloud Home setting. It works 1 time but the next time I try to make connection the same problem starts all over. Can anyone help, please?

The only way I have gotten it to work and been able to edit the info through plex is connect unsecured. Once I disabled plex and reconfigured it (through my cloud), I was able to add movies again

I will maybe have to try the Unsecured option. Due to Hurricane Dorian we lost power for 22 hours and now WD Cloud will not display Plex library on a local router connection. Can’t connect via Laptop on same network either. I tried the Disable option and could hear the drive deleting the metadata. Then, I Enabled Plex again, saw it all connected and rebuilding the library and a few hours later, again no local connection again with the power stable. So did WD change something and I am now just seeing the bug because the drive rebooted?

Not that I know of, I’m doing everything through mobile. So I’m adding files and editing files and fixing things in my server. Hopefully using the unsecured connection works

My WD Cloud is not working with Plex after a recent power outage / reboot.
To get it working I used MyCloud website to Disable and Enable.
That worked for a few hours, but no longer accessible within Local network on same day.
The version of Plex on the MyCloud website is 1.16.3.1402
The version of Plex Media Server for Western Digital on Plex website is now 1.16.5.1554

Should I be updating to that somehow or is there something else that should be checked?

1 Like

Same Issue jtremere has. Frustrating. I’ll be looking and if yall find a fix, please post!

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. had a power flux then plex wouldn’t work. did the disable enable ■■■■ over and over, did the reboot/shutdown thing over and over. Finally did the disable/enable again, then Got it enabled then configured spent hours putting everything back correctly. Worked on two tvs, laptop and phone, then today NOTHING again can’t connect securely even tried to allow insecure connections but it says it can’t see the server at all… I’m getting VERY angry with this at this point. I spent alot of money and ALOT of time setting all this up and now nothing works. This is BULL SH** and needs to be fixed!

1 Like

same issue here alongcrier. I have enabled/disabled numerous times, rebooted the MCH over and over. It works for an hour then falls over again. CAnt see the server on a LG TV or the app. Seriously consider getting another brand - I havent got time for this…

1 Like

Which brand do you have in mind?
It’s really a pity they lose customers because they can’t make a decent Plex app for the server

This device is just the drizzling shits when it comes to Plex. I too have lost all my data multiple times (thankfully not lately) but my main gripe is that it just does not have the grunt to update the media content if there are a lot of files to scan. I have it set up to rescan every 12 hours but if there are a lot of files then it just sits there grinding away, chewing up all the CPU and I can’t watch anything. Rebooting is a pointless exercise as it will just get stuck again and again until it eventually gets through everything. At the moment I have 1 movie and 2 seasons of a TV show being scanned and the device is now sitting there useless. I can’t even watch other things via the WD app on my tablet (which is also a totally ■■■■ piece of software by the way). It plays for a couple of minutes then starts to pretend to buffer - not a problem with my network, it is this useless device just can’t cope with the work.
If your product doesn’t have the power to run something properly then you shouldn’t be able to market it as though it can. This is nothing more than flase advertsing and robbery if you ask me.
Western Digital, I spit on you. Hakkk Pttttt.

Every few months I try to fix this but nothing ever works, cannot ge secure remote access even thoigh firewall is correct, various AV/Firewall trued. Album Art dissa[eared years ago and still not back. Plex/WD two products to stay clear of. Yet 3-4 years ago it all worked fine.