Issues with latest Firmware

No offense, but you clearly aren’t reading my post as I keep having to repeat myself. I’ve already stated that I did try moving channels, and I now get a full 4 bars. Either way, when I stream a movie over wireless, it only uses about 4% of my bandwidth. I’ve streamed movies simultaneously in two different rooms without issue.

I don’t buy Blu-Rays. I find them consumer hostile. I’ll be buying DVDs until they stop making them. Regardless, I can stream HD movies over my Roku without issue (obviously not using Windows shares, but the bandwidth is still utilized).

ok, I’ll admit I checked out for a few pages of this thread

so you’re up to 4 bars

and are using primarily DVD content

I think your set up should be ok for DVD’s

130 div 2 = 65

I figure dvd’s should easily be below that

so I’ll bow out

for playing DVD’s your hardware and set up should be just fine

OK, I give up. I just cannot figure out why the device hates my one access point. Even with it in the same room, and with four full bars, it’s slow (though, only with the WD. other devices are fine).

So, I spent all day figuring out how to run cat 6 between my floors (split level house; no attic, no basement). It is now happy.  Sigh…

Well, on the bright side, at least I’m all set when I upgrade my network to gigabit next year.

Sad!

Bring on the updated update.

Seems this firmware version has broken it…player forgets what storage is connected. if you shutdown when in the content list of said device, it seems to remember but if you hit home, then shutdown on the next startup it throws up a message.

device has been reset and removed from power.no joy

Hows it connected?

Can confirm nfs and smb work perfectly.

DrXenos wrote:

So, I spent all day figuring out how to run cat 6 between my floors (split level house; no attic, no basement). It is now happy.  Sigh…

In the long run I think you will find it well worthwhile to have done this.  I certainly have.  Wifi performance stats are very misleading relative to real-world throughput for most protocols.  Then there are the distance issues, interference from neighbors, and on and on.  Ethernet is vastly faster and more reliable for streaming video.  The tests I did showed 990Mbps sustained data throughput over multiple GigE switches (and it  is full-duplex).  Wifi is convenient for web surfing and the like, but pretty poor for many applications.  Unfortunately, people are being sold a line that wired networks are unnecessary now.

HemiR wrote:

Seems this firmware version has broken it…player forgets what storage is connected. if you shutdown when in the content list of said device, it seems to remember but if you hit home, then shutdown on the next startup it throws up a message.

device has been reset and removed from power.no joy

ok… I have a external usb drive attached to a dlna router. all worked perfectly before this latest update.r.