Issues with file transfer, deletion, and renaming

I’ve had my cloud for about 2 weeks. I have transferred a lot of data to the cloud (about 300 GB’s of music and videos) so I can stream it to my bluray players in my house. Well after the firmware updated ( I had it set to manual so it updated a few days ago), the unit will show multiple of the same files on my PS3, and on my windows explorer. Secondly, the option to copy and past into any shares, file deletion, and renaming is not available (which I have full access to)I have found if I reboot the cloud I will have access to it again for a bit before it would lock me out again. I can still stream the videos and music files fine but have no other control other than that. The fact, I’ve spent weeks ripping, encoding and correct all the metadata on my files just to possibly loose it has me pretty furious. Is there an option to downgrade firmware or a suggestion someone has to see if I can fix this? I do have reconnection issues from when I guess the drive goes to sleep but  it will eventually wake up. Usually takes 3 to 5 minutes max…

I’ll post the specs of everything

PC:

Windows 8.1 current with all updates

Avast Antivirus 

Windows firewall

Accessing the network wirelessly

Router:

Linksys E3000 using latest stable DD-WRT firmware

DHCP with Mycloud set to a static IP

Mycloud reports 3.04.01-219 (latest)

Portfowarding is good and I have internet access.

So I went into to media tab in the dashboard and rescanned my media. Duplicates are now gone and I have access again. Lets see if this is temporary or not.

Daniel_N,

Do you experience the same behavior if you disable the built-in sleep timer feature? Sleep Timer. This function can be disabled within the Dashboard under Settings> General> Energy Saving.