Issues with 3TB MyBook and windows 7 media center...please help

I recently purchased the 3TB MyBook. My sole purpose for this drive is to store my DVD collection for playback through windows 7 media center on my home theatre pc. I have an older 1TB MyBook that handles this task without any problems. Whenever trying to play a DVD file (video_ts/ifo/vob) from the 3TB drive in media center, the drive just freezes up and does not load the movie. If I transfer the DVD file to the 1TB drive it will play without any problems. I thought it might be a faulty drive so I took it back to the store and exchanged it for another one. I still have the same issue. I have installed all of the updates for windows 7 and also updated the firmware on the 3TB drive. Has anyone had similar problems with this drive or know of a solution for this problem? I would prefer to find a way to fix this problem rather than resort to returning the drive and trying my luck with another brand. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this issue is becoming quite frustrating. Also before anyone starts in about pirating DVD’s, I own every DVD that I have copied onto my hard drives. I just prefer the convenience of having access to all of my movies through media center rather than searching for the actual disc.

Hello,

One quick question, does this situation happens with all your files? Have you try  with a different file format such as .AVI or .MKV?

Yes, I transfered all of my DVD files to the 3TB drive and none of them would play. I transfered them all back to the 1TB drive and they all play without any problems. I did not try other formats since the files play without issue from the 1TB drive. I’d rather not have to reformat all of my DVD files as I like to save them at 100% quality and since the format plays fine from the 1TB drive I do not understand why it will not from the 3TB drive.

Did you find a solution?  I have a 1 TB, and a 2 TB both work awesome!!! I just got a 3  TB and it crashes EVERY time… same files… just dosnt work… is 3 TB to large?  I think I will retrurn it and just get anotehr 2 TB unless you found out a solution!