Issue with WDTV not detecting media on WD Elements drives

Hello. I’m new to the forum, so apologies if I’m posting in the wrong place. If you point me in the right direction, I’ll repost there.

I have a 6TB WD My Book Live Duo with four 2TB WD Elements drives attached to it as extra storage via a USB hub. My Windows 7 PC sees all the drives as I’ve mapped them as partitions. My PC sees everything on there, plays everything on there without any issue, even 1080p/i stuff. WDTV doesn’t.

The WDTV Live Streaming Media Player that I’ve recently bought sees the shares on the My Book Live as ‘Linux Shares’, and plays all the media in them without issue. The Elements drives also show up this way, but when I go into them I am told that there is ‘no media present’, which is plainly not the case. If I add them to the media library, I’m told they can’t be added as they can’t be written to. I tried attaching each of them to the WDTV as ‘local storage’ but faced the same issue. I’ve checked that the drives are public when logging into the My Book Live, and made sure that everyone has write access. Both are on the latest firmware.

I’m utterly stuck now, and if I can’t get these drives streaming to the WDTV, the WDTV is no good to me. I’d thought that in buying all WD products things would work seamlessly, but apparently not. Any help would be much appreciated.