I can confirm that I am also recieving this error!
After awhile of leaving it alone it atuomatically changed to "Connected".
I did a test, I port forwarded 80 AND 8081 to 80 and 443 AND 8443 to 443, then directed it all towards my MyBook which has a static IP within my network.
I have port forwarded the first ports correctly, and I know this because I have checked manually via http://externalipaddress:80 and https://externalipaddress:443 and they both det a "/UI" at the end with permission denied.
I did the following.
1) Windows and Router Firewalls are OFF
2) Checked ports 8443, 443 and 8081, 80 via a third party program/site and confirm that the ports are open,
3) "http://myexternalipaddress:80" redirects me to "myexternalipaddress/UI"
4) "https://myexternalipaddress:443" redirects me to "https://myexternalipaddress/UI"
5) "https://myexternalipaddress:8443" redirects me to "https://myexternalipaddress:8443/UI"
6) "http://myexternalipaddress:8081", I receive a "Google Chrome could not connect to "myexternalipaddress:8081"
Is it 6) that everyone could be getting this problem?
The settings in my MyBook live for port forwarding are atm 8081 and 8443 and stating "connected". I however get the followign error page when I try to connect via wd2go.com:
HTTP Status 404 - TCP relay failed - address for target domain not found
type Status report
message TCP relay failed - address for target domain not found
description The requested resource (TCP relay failed - address for target domain not found) is not available.
I get 404 error also via my Mobile App via my Android.