Issue with Java and getting into WDMycloud.com

Hi,  Any ideas on how to remedy this issue?

I have downloaded Java 7u45 for my Mac and trying to access my WD drive via internet offsite.

After I type in the Network Drive Passcode, 3 pop up boxes say (paraphrasing):

1. Running this application may be a security risk.  The certificate used to identify this application has expired.  This application will be blocked in a future JAVA security update because the JAR file manifest does not contain the Permissions attribute.

I then accept the risk and want to run the application

1. Do you want to continue?  The connection to this website is untrusted.  The certificate is not valid and cannot be used to verify the identity of this website.

I chose continue

1. Do you want to run this application?  An unsigned application from the location below is requesting permission to run.  Running unsigned applications like this will be blocked in a future release because it is potentially unsafe and a security risk.

I chose Run to allow it to continue

Then the Java symbol flags up in the bottom of the screen and it just freezes!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi

I am having the same problem with this.

I hope somebody has found a solution as I cannot access the system admin settings for my drive.

Macbook and Imac using mavericks latest.

Did recent updates fix any of this for you? I’m having the same problems, but I still seem to have updates left. I already installed a couple …

Thanks

I have excellent and fast access using my iPad MyCloud app. 

However I cannot access my shares using the PC desktop or the web access.

Running Vista, Firefox, with latest Java and Firefox updates. 

I am having a similar problem trying to access my shares using Web Access.  The security dialog pops up and the mesage is “Application Blocked” 

“The application was blocked even though the host site of the file is included in the exceptions list…”

Using WD My Cloud.exe, I can connect successfully, but I get security certificate warnings for each folder and file I try to access.

I have tried for hours to find a solution, installing the certificates and turning off firewall and anti virus.  No success.

Called MY Cloud support at 1-800-275 4832.  Helpful rep said that they have a known incompatibility with Java 7.51.  He suggested I uninstall 7.51, and download and install Java 7 update 45. 

This helped get past the security roadblock, but I still get warning messages that the WD security certificates have expired. 

Downloading from my Vista laptop is very slow (2.5 minutes for a 37 Mb .WAV file.

Using the MyCloud app on my iPad 3, using the same router/wireless access point the same file downloads in 7 seconds.

We are still looking into this.  However, none of the above users responded to our private messages. 

Peterinvan

We may contact you for more information.