Issue on WD Elements: Unable to recognized the file when mounted in Windows

I got new 2TB WD Elements for almost a month now and it is plugged into my Macbook Pro…Im able to watch and browse my files even i plug into my  LG TV, but when i bring this to my office in a Windows7 OS there’s no files showing but im able to see the local drive mount, when i reached home and plugged in it back to my Macbook Pro, I got the same scenario, files is not recognized but the drive is there. Is there anything i can do to retrieve my files? Any resolution for this one?

Hello,

I recommend you try some basic troubleshooting.

1- Disconnect the drive from the computer and restart the computer.

2- If the computer is a desktop, connect it on the back USB port (directly to the computer, not through a hub).

3- Go to "Disk Utility” to verify if the drive shows up there.

If the drive shows up in disk utility but it is not seen on the computer, then it means the partition is corrupted and you will have to format it in order to use it again. Please note that formatting the drive will delete all data stored on it.

Before formatting, it may be possible to still extract the data utilizing data recovery software.There are several kinds of Data Recovery software available. If you do a  web search for  Data Recovery  it will yield plenty of data recovery software options.

1 Like

Thanks HDKnows…the Disk Utility in MBP helps repair my disk, its now working fine they found corrupted file and it fixed. :smiley: