ISO playback / audio clipping?

After creating an ISO file of the bonus DVD I got with the album “Within Temptation - The Unforgiving” using ImgBurn, I copied it onto my WD TV Live Hub. The hub read the ISO file just like a regular DVD player would read the original disc, showing all the menus and other content, which actually surprised me at first. I originally assumed it would simply go through all the contents of the ISO, in sequential order. However, when I started playback of one of the tracks, I noticed some oddities. The picture was as expected, but the audio sounded a bit distorted. I tried switching to another track, just to see if it was persistent, which it was. It sounds as if the volume is set too high, causing clipping. I tried the same ISO file in VLC on my PC afterwards, which did not cause this audio issue. So I know it isn’t the ISO file, but rather the playback of the content on the hub. Has anyone else experienced similar problems with DVD ISO files?

Nope… ANd I have over 500 ISOs. 

I tried the same ISO file in VLC on my PC afterwards, which did not cause this audio issue. So I know it isn’t the ISO file, but rather the playback of the content on the hub

That’s an invalid assumption.   VLC was designed to support poorly encoded files.

Do any of your other ISOs work correctly?

I have now tested re-burning the ISO back on a DVD-R and playing that in my DVD player. It sounds just like the original (ie no problems), so I think the assumption is in fact correct, that it’s not really the ISO’s fault, but the hub’s playback of it - or at best, a combination of the two. However, I also noticed that this music DVD has a higher audio volume than most of the other DVDs I compared it to, when played in my DVD player. Could it be that my DVD player and also VLC just plays the audio track at a lower volume and thus avoids the clipping? Using CloneDVD2, I made a test ISO of a movie as well. I have not played that ISO through in its entirety yet, but from what I’ve seen so far, this one works like a charm.