ISO playback? Am I doing something wrong?

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and the general WD TV so please pardon my stupidity.

I have took it upon myself to burn all my DVDs to .iso using Any DVD and the “rip to image” feature.

Once I locate them on my WD TV and select the iso file, on some occasions, a black screen appears and then the WD TV crashes, and on other iso’s it works fine.

Even more bizarrely , if on the films that crash I merely hover over the file and wait for 10 seconds, the WD TV detects its codec and bitrate, then begins to play the main film without going to DVD menu.

Is there an adjustment I need to make or any suggestions? For reference I am connected via a 200 mbs homeplug to the WD TV.

Fozzer2k13 wrote:
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and the general WD TV so please pardon my stupidity.

I have took it upon myself to burn all my DVDs to .iso using Any DVD and the “rip to image” feature.

Once I locate them on my WD TV and select the iso file, on some occasions, a black screen appears and then the WD TV crashes, and on other iso’s it works fine.

Even more bizarrely , if on the films that crash I merely hover over the file and wait for 10 seconds, the WD TV detects its codec and bitrate, then begins to play the main film without going to DVD menu.

Is there an adjustment I need to make or any suggestions? For reference I am connected via a 200 mbs homeplug to the WD TV.

I use AnyDVDHD, and the only time I use rip to image is for a blu-ray, because it has to be ripped this way.  Otherwise, I use companion program CloneDVD2 along with Any to customize the rip ( i.e. to select the correct way to burn to if it is single layer or double-layer, etc)  and make the ISO file with CloneDVD2.  That said, I can’t say that what you are doing is “wrong” – it should still work.

Files end up on my WD player attached HD, and they work fine.  The homeplug could be a problem; don’t know.  I have a TrendNet homeplug device, (at 200mbps) like you.  It’s new, I really am not using it (have gigabyte wired network and good wireless, too) but when I set up and tested it, I streamed DVDs fine, but blu-ray MKV files had stutter they don’t have otherwise.

If you can bypass the homeplug via wired or wireless streaming, see if that improves things.