Is this forum officially supported by WD

Do any support or company employees ever look in these forums and respond and interact with the posters?

Occasionally…    Look for the folks with the Orange Usernames, and the title of Moderator or Staff.

I was just wondering, there seems to be a lot of issues that just do not get any attention with thier products.

It gets their attention, they just don’t comment on it. They are a typical corporate firm which believes that entering into discussions could mean opening themselves up to possible blame. They therefore opened this community forum where users help other users.

Users helping users, hm? If that’s true then can someone please reply to my topic: http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/quot-No-content-available-quot-at-end-of-youtube-playlists/td-p/114318

Wwwdd wrote:

Users helping users, hm? If that’s true then can someone please reply to my topic:

Apparently not.  Have you called or filed an issue with WD’s official TECH SUPPORT channels?

^ i have now and am awaiting their response. Nothing about it in the knowledge baser either.

Until then, I’ll rely on the “users helping users” ideology.

I wish I could find a complaint department number to call to let out my frustration with this product. This player has so much potential, just falls short on the little things.

t-r0y wrote:

I wish I could find a complaint department number to call to let out my frustration with this product. This player has so much potential, just falls short on the little things.

I agree with you strongly on this point!

There are phone and email addresses here. Go vent.

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

I emailed WD customer support about my problem regarding youtube playlists, and whaddayaknow:

"* Resolved YouTube problem where user playlists don’t display."

Yes, they fixed it in the recent firmware! So yes, It does help to give their customer support email a buzz :wink: