Is there any official word on coronavirus and RMA's?

Congrats!

What a relief! I can see some light at the end of the tunnel.

They told me the same thing when I called multiple times. But no success. May be this time, they will call you. Waiting to see the progress finally.

so just an update…

im going to chalk it up to their system going haywire a couple of weeks ago, but at this point… they have no idea what happened to my replacement drive, and are going to have to ship another one. however, they are now closed for all warranty replacements, so it will be 4-6 weeks before they can process that replacement and send it out… that will be almost 3 months since they received my broken drive for replacement.

this entire process has been a nightmare.

Who said 4-6 weeks?

Advanced RMA is completely removed.

But standard RMA is still an option on my screen. But you say they won’t process those either?

WD support said that. then said… “they dont know when”… then went back to 4-6 weeks, all in the span of a single phone call.

i really have no idea what is, or is not open right now. i honestly believe they are simply attempting to get me off the phone. if western digital is to be believed per my last phone call with them… then you will not have anything shipped back to you anytime soon.

I’ve not had a response to yesterday’s email, so I think they aren’t really wanting to say/do much at the moment. I would say they’re running on skeleton staff, and possibly this update they did on the weekend broke a lot of things.

so, after speaking with them today (told me they would have more info this week, and to call back)… they are officially closed until further notice. nothing will be shipping out. their warehouse is in california, and they are expecting to be closed for at least another month.

so… its going to be a long time before anyone gets any warranty replacements.

I was not informed of such a massive delay for an RMA - at least not in Canada. I was only told RMAs would take 5 to 7 business days with perhaps a slight delay due to COVID. Only Advanced RMAs are cancelled?

Anyways I shipped my drives to their freight forwarder in Canada, still have not gotten a confirmed “Product Received” even though my tracking said it was accepted by the forwarder.

Does anyone know how long it takes for WD to acknowledge receipt fo the drive? Getting the returned unit back is the least of my concerns, but I would like them to acknowledge that they actually got my broken drives…

How long did it take for WD to mark your drive as “received”? Are you located in the US?

cant say for myself… mine still doesnt show received, even though they have confirmed it has been.

my situation is a little unique, in that i have no idea what happened… if they sent my drive to someone else, or their system got screwy and associated some elses tracking number with my replacement.

i sent mine to them at the end of feb, and still havent gotten a replacement. my suggestion to you is to call, and keep calling until you get a human on the phone.

May 19, drives are still listed as pending, although I was able to get a hold of someone at the logistics company to confirm the drives are received.

Officially still not marked as received, but at least over the phone the freight forwarder says they have my package in hand.

Still, it’s been 7 business days and still no word regarding a shipment of a replacement drive yet.

1 Like

i finally have mine in hand. it took about 3 months, and countless phone calls and emails.

i wish everyone good luck. going to take a while.

1 Like

Did you get a notification, status update, or did the drive just show up on your door step?

mine was a unique situation… they either put the wrong tracking number that belonged to someone else (my theory) or it got misdelivered. either way, i didnt get the original one they said they sent out. it took an additional month to get wd to do anything about it (theyd promise a call back in 24-48 hours, and i wouldnt hear anything for 4 days… so id call them again, and start the process all over)

it was painful. my only suggestion is to call and see what they say. their site is screwed up (still… months later)… and notifications are unreliable.

WD received my HDD on April 24 and still shows Pending Return for the status. I have spoken and online chat with several WD customer reps but same story due to covid-19 warehouse is closed and don’t know when ticket will be updated. :confused:

The service bots are useless like you pointed out, they will just reiterate the the COVID19 message without any real value.
I was able to get a hold of the logistics company again and it turned out they had received the package but was having trouble completing the RMA - not sure why, supposedly incorrect RMA number.
After a phone call on Friday, the RMA was successfully processed and I received a shipping notice yesterday.
So 15 days+ since receipt of the drives and 25+ days since I shipped the drive off for RMA.
If I had not been able to get a hold of the logistics company’s WD RMA department, who knows how long the drive would have sat unprocessed…

Funny they have a COVID update page, but they must have all died from the virus, because nobody has updated the page since April 15 LOL, ive received so many emails from so many businesses so many times since April 15 with constant updates, but not WD

1 Like

Wow my 12TB is finally on it’s way after waiting 41 days… :neutral_face:

1 Like

wow. my advanced RMA for 12TB gold from April still has not shipped. AND I was charged $25 convenience fee!

your not supposed to be charged 25 dollars this is BS never been charged for advanced RMA over 15 yrs of doing advanced Service and now total BS