Is there a way to hang my WD My cloud on the wall?

I just got my Mycloud 2TB drive and i was wondering if anyone knows of a way to mount this on the wall. I looked and cant seem to find anything thats made for this. maybe someone knows of something else i can use. i am installing it in a closet and dont have a shelf or something to put it on. thanx so much.

Welcome to the WD Community. 

I haven’t seen this before. 

Personally, I will not recommend setting the drive on the wall. If someone steps into the cable might pull the drive. 

Are you talking about putting the drive on a stand or literally hanging on the wall?

naffo wrote:

I just got my Mycloud 2TB drive and i was wondering if anyone knows of a way to mount this on the wall. I looked and cant seem to find anything thats made for this. maybe someone knows of something else i can use. i am installing it in a closet and dont have a shelf or something to put it on. thanx so much.

The WD My Cloud is not desgined to mount to or on a wall. The solution is to either use a small bookshelf/shoe rack, or build a shelf to set the unit on. If one doesn’t want to build thier own shelf out of scrap wood there are a variety of shelving units available at most home improvment stores including easy to install wire rack type shelving kits for closets. One can also use wire staples or cable clips to attach the various wires (power/ethernet) to the wall for cleaner cable management.