Is there a way to get the external USB drive to reconnect threw an SSH command?

I usually use the dashboard IU to eject my 4tb external USB enclose once I do a backup.  I do so manually once in a while.   But when im done the eternal drive does not enter sleep mode as it does while it has the capability to do so when Its used on my laptop.  

Anyways, is there a command using putty ?   Otherwise I have to manually unplug the seagate external USB cable and replug it back in to the mycoud.   Its a Pita.  I hate to leave the seagate drive running 24/7 when its not necessary.    

You can but it may mess up the dashboard eject command. An easier way is to eject via the quick view icon in the task bar. Right click and eject the drive without logging into dashboard.

ex: eject.png

You still have to reconnect the cable or power up the drive but it is safer this way.

if you insist

you use the mount the command in Linux (via ssh)  as in

mount -t   /dev/ /

or you can try

mount /dev/ /

example

mount -t vfat  /dev/sdb1 /media/external

for a drive formatted as a fat system.

the man pages for mount is :

mount

jamalaya wrote:

You can but it may mess up the dashboard eject command. An easier way is to eject via the quick view icon in the task bar. Right click and eject the drive without logging into dashboard.

ex: eject.png

You still have to reconnect the cable or power up the drive but it is safer this way.

if you insist

you use the mount the command in Linux (via ssh)  as in

mount -t   /dev/ /

or you can try

mount /dev/ /

example

mount -t vfat  /dev/sdb1 /media/external

for a drive formatted as a fat system.

the man pages for mount is :

mount

thanks very much.