Is there a way to get m TV to resume a movie?

Lets say I use a Ruku.   I can resume a movie from my mycloud.   But if I use my samsung Smart TV to acesss the same movie using the Tv’s built in software to browse my mycoud it will not give me the option to resume a movie.  I know the TV itself becuase  has the capility to resume the movie.  I use to do it using a netgear stora.  I only got rid of it due to it used a JAVA webbased UI and with iphones it was useless and I had to use flakey 3rd party apps.  

thanks.  Im using firmware version 03.04.01-230 Currently.  I had to downgradde from version 4.  Im sorry I ever upgraded.  My Mycloud functions GREAT with this firmware as many of us know.   

Hello,

How are you accessing the device from the TV? Using DLNA?

yeah from the TV DNLA.  thanks 

My Samsung smart tv doesn’t have resume capabilities either on DLNA.

It is able to resume using samba or nfs. However, you’ll need root access to be able to use samba or nfs.

joskevermeulen wrote:

My Samsung smart tv doesn’t have resume capabilities either on DLNA.

It is able to resume using samba or nfs. However, you’ll need root access to be able to use samba or nfs.

what tv do you have?  I have a 5 year old samsung , one of the first LED tvs flat screen 120hz that supported resume.  Unless I restarted the TV.  Then the option to resume was not available.  But this works if I use the same TV and a RoKu box.    

Im just wondering why I cant resume at any point with the mycloud and the DNLA on my TV without useing the RoKu as I know my older samsung has the caibility without haveing to use the RoKu :womanfrustrated:

as far as i know the  Twonky DLNA does not support resume

you might want to try to install miniDLNA and disable the built in  Twonky DLN

lotust251 wrote:

Lets say I use a Ruku.   I can resume a movie from my mycloud.   But if I use my samsung Smart TV to acesss the same movie using the Tv’s built in software to browse my mycoud it will not give me the option to resume a movie.  I know the TV itself becuase  has the capility to resume the movie.  I use to do it using a netgear stora.  I only got rid of it due to it used a JAVA webbased UI and with iphones it was useless and I had to use flakey 3rd party apps.  

thanks.  Im using firmware version 03.04.01-230 Currently.  I had to downgradde from version 4.  Im sorry I ever upgraded.  My Mycloud functions GREAT with this firmware as many of us know.   

lotust251 wrote:

what tv do you have?  

H-series 6400