Is there a media player or similar software which can display pdf etc files on TV?

Will do. 

Supplier says new shipment is due next month. So have to wait.

Cheerio.

Got my H8 last Fri. Set it up and have watched some 3 movies. Picture and sound qualities are good. My first player. Main problems are accessing the infor on the screen using the remote. Plan to get a wireless keyboard (Logitech), must be getting too used on Window platform. Also a learning curve for me to use the apps like ES Explorer etc. Using 2 Mb broadband. Will be upgrading to 10 Mb soon. Yes, we are still in the “tens” Mb here while other countries are in Gb level!

I still have not tried to open a pdf file on tv via the media player! That was my purpose in getting the player! Ha. Will do that tonight.

I have an old WD 2 TB (RAID 1) unit. I would like to stream it to the media player as well. No Twonky in there. How do I set this up? Just install Twonky in that hd and it will be similar to MyCloud setup?

Thanks.

Install Kodi on your H8, and connect to the drive using SMB (assuming it’s a networked device). This doesn’t need a DLNA server, and will also users ‘scrapers’ to get metadata for files it recognises. Whilst I use DLNA for music with BubbleUPnP, I use SMB for video with Kodi.

For file managers, I use Cheetah Mobile’s File Manager. I even paid for the ‘Pro’ version, but the free version is better, but has fairly non-intrusive adverts. The downside of this all is the auto-open decision for text files; I have been unable to get it to open with an an of my choice when double-clicked. Select, open-as allows the all to be chosen. Clicking on a PDF, it gives me a choice of all the apps that can handle PDFs. I can select to use one be default, or just once.

I connected a £1 optical mouse to my Android box, via a £1 USB extension cable. A Bluetooth or WiFi mouse would be neater…

Glad to hear you are having some success.