IS the Smartware compatible with any WD portable hard disk or only my passport?

Hi,

I have two portable WD my passport hard disks and one WD elements. However, I saw that smartwar only supports the WD my passport and the elements it doesn’t. In other words, I didn’t see that WD elements is shown in the smartware. 

That depends on the firmware of the drive. Some wd products may not support smartware like the elements drive

The version of Smarware is 1.6.2. However, I don’t know how I can get the firmware of my hard disk.

The version of Smarware is 1.6.2. However, I don’t know how I can get the firmware of my hard disk as long as the elements doesn’t appear in the Smarware.

Could anyone please at this very splendid forum take some time out to answer me?

The version of Smarware is 1.6.2. However, I don’t know how I can get the firmware of my WD Elements hard disk as long as the elements doesn’t appear in the Smarware.

I want to know whether the Smartware can compatible with my WD Elements  or not?

Hello,

No, unfortunately right now is not compatible.

Thanks a lot

But I have been told that 

That depends on the firmware of the drive. Some wd products may not support smartware like the elements drive

So could you let me know how I can know the firmware of my elements hard disk?

Could you please reply me to know whether ‘my WD elements’ could be shown via the Smarware in order for I return back my hard disk to the retailer if no compatible?

But I have been told that 

Besides, could you let me know how I can know the firmware of my elements hard disk?

I know that my firmware of my WD passport is::

Hello,

Install WD Data Lifeguard in your computer.

Run the software > Right click on your drive > Select properties.

In that screen you will be able to see the firmware revision for your drive model. 

Thank you so much indeed

Where can I download WD Data Lifeguard?

Also, did you have a look at my last picture? Does each WD my passport have a firmware?

• See the link below to download the application:

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=203&sid=3&lang=en

• All drives in general have a firmware revision.

Thank so m much

I don’t have a problem with finding the firmware of WD my passport drives. However, I have a problem with WD elements because it isn’t shown in the Smarware.

So if I know the version of my WD element with this program, how will I be able to know if smartware supports WD elements or not?

Cooperator:

As the mod told you Smartware is not compatible with the WD Elements no matter the Elements firmware. Perhaps is the future it would be compatible but as now is not.

Thanks a lot, But I found out that the firmware of both WD my passport is the same.

However, ofr the elements is different