Is safepoint backup data readable on PC directly without a my cloud?

Is safepoint backup data readable on PC directly without a my cloud?

My friend has a 4tb my cloud and can he use safepoint to backup the whole drive to a usb 4TB drive. Then I plug the usb drive to my PC to read the files?
I need to do this frequent so copying through his PC is troublesome.

Yes it is (I already replied in the other thread).

Paul

1 Like

Thank you.
What happened was my friend put started the safepoint backup and waited for a day and still not fisinhed. Just wondering is this normal for a 4TB size safepoint backup?
he gave me the drive and i saw 2TB occupied in the property of the drive. But there is no content inside just all folders but no actual files…which made me think it’s encrypted somehow…

Also from a comment online:
Oluja11 10 months ago · LINKED COMMENT
In the newest firmware version (maybe also one or two version before) its not longer possible to access the files without the My Cloud. A binary file will be saved. And you cant access this file. I think its compressed and encrypted. So a My Cloud is neccessary. Thast the reason i make my backups on the My Cloud with rsync. So its my decision what will be backuped and what not. Take care if you back up your data via the My Cloud safepoint.

The Safepoint has to complete for you to see the files under "\DeviceNameOfSafepointDestintation\NameOfSafepoint_WDPROT\WDSAFE\NameOfDeviceBeingSafepointed\shares. All the files are there and readable.