Is my WD Blue 250Gb M.2 a PCI drive?

Nice forum but can’t really seem to find what I am looking for unfortunately. Will definitely be coming back ofthen though.

I have a StarTech M.2 SSD enclosure that I wanted to add this new WD 250Gb into to use as external storage / data backup and transfer. StarTech says that it cannot be, “Quote”; Not compatible with M.2 NVMe or AHCI PCI-Express SSDs. I am curious, is this SSD either of these?

The reason that I am asking is that it just shows a drive letter and No Media in Disk Management of Win 10.

Ideas or suggestions?

Thanks folks and Merry Christmas!

Frank

You didn’t specify which drive you’re asking about. WD makes quite a few SSDs.

However, the tech specs of each drive are available here:

Sorry about that but the Subject line is what I was asking about. Here is exactly what is on the SSD itself.

250Gb WD PC SSD SATA M.2 2280MDL: WDS250G1B0B-00AS40

I wish I knew what PC stands for since, like I said, the enclosure says Not compatable with M.2 NVMe or AHCI PCI-Express SSD’s.

Will try to chat with WD and see if they can tell me but am sure they will be just page flipper support folks but I may be wrong.

Thanks again.

Frank

That’s a SATA drive, not NVMe nor PCI-E. So should be OK as your enclosure fits the M.2 2280 form factor.

Thanks, thanks, thanks. That’s what I was thinking based on what I could find but just wanted some verification.

Now I’ve just got to figure out why it’s not working on any PC I try it on. Hmm…

It’ll show in Device Manager as Removable (I:) No Media on any computer so gonna get with StarTech and see if it could be some enclosure firmware or something since everything on the Windows side is working with both a USB-3 AND USB-C connector.

Thanks again for your update! I appreciate it.

Nice Holidays your way!

Frank