Is my Mybook bricked because of no Win 10 update?

Just fidgeted around with Win 10 today because yesterday they said they had a maintenance release but also said if you were using Win 7 or 8 to turn off automatic updates. Lokks like support for those are going bye bye. Is WD going to support their product going forward with Win 10? Getting a no workie thing here, now. Might have to migrate.

Hi, if you choose not to upgrade to Windows 10 your drive will still function as it does now. If you do choose to upgrade to Windows 10, most WD Application are already updated to work on it, but without the drive model then there is no way I can assure you if all of your apps will work.

WD Mybook 500G. Thanks for the reply.

Hi, there are a few My Books 500 GB still, I was referring to the model that starts WDxxxxxxx, which should be in the label at the back of the drive.

Thanks, but I just reverted back to my old OS and everything works, again. Thanks for the reply. BTW the miodel is WD the model humber on the box (ther is no label on the bac) is WD50000H1CS-00.

Hi, that’s weird, I have an older drive as well and I am able to use it on my Windows 10 PC’s and also on my Windows server. What was the issue that you were experiencing with the drive?