Is it safe to just unplug my Cloud Home without shutting down (from app)?

Is it safe to just unplug my Cloud Home without shutting down (from app)?

Hey @AssassinPung,

The My Cloud Home application comes with a shut-down option so that the device and the data does not get affected by the unexpected shutdown. So always go with the proper shut down procedure so that the drive has a long life without any malfunction.

1 Like

I will keep that in mind, thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

Another, related, question…
Shuting down the MCH, changes its IP when swith ON again?
Thanks.

if you haven’t defined static ip address in your router, yes; but only if you shutdown your router. You can switch off your drive and switch on many times without problem as long as your router is on.

As far as I know, the MCH device doesn’t have static IP feature…, it is still that way, doesn’t it?

@joiecito, it’s possible to attribute a static ip at your MCH using your router feature (of course, all router cannot do that) knowing your MCH’s mac address. I’ve do it. i can access offline file in public folder.

Another way, knowing range of ip address of your DCHP’s router, it easily to know the IP address of your MCH and then access it

Could you explain how to do that?, I know it will be different in each router, but a generic explanation should work. I am total noob with router related issues…

My post in another discussion