Is it possible to set share folder privilege from ssh shell?

I’m having difficulty to set access privilege to share folders. I hope to set a share folder from public to being visible to a specific user only. I visit the dashboard in a browser and change the “shares” settings. It all looks good as the page says “Updating”, then it goes to idle for a couple of minutes before it bounces me back to dashboard login page. Then it seems to forget what I just did, and that share folder remains public. I’ve tried for many times, with different browsers, on different computers, and every time it just automatically “roll back”. I’ll give up with the browser.

I can ssh connect to it. Is there a way to modify the share setting in an ssh shell environment? I tried chown and chmod but it does not work. Any suggestion is welcome. Thank you very much.

@SillySnail Do you own a 1st or 2nd generation My Cloud? Is this a Public Share that you are trying to change.

Have you looked at the Help provided in the Dashboard? See Image below.

This image is from my 2nd generation My Cloud. Click on, tap or activate image to enlarge it.

Thank you for the information. Actually I know how the shares setting should be. I’m not a new user and I’ve played the dash board for many times. Normally it should show as your screenshot, and it should remember the change I make. My issue is, My Cloud is not working normally now. From recent weeks it “forgets” all the changes I make. That’s why I’m looking for an alternative solution to change in shell. Thank you.