Is File Management Bug,Thumbnail Bug, Fixed In Update 1.04.17_B for WD TV Live Plus?

Wondering If File Management Bug,Thumbnail Bug, Are Fixed In Update 1.04.17_B for WD TV Live Plus ???

sonny803 wrote:

Wondering If File Management Bug,Thumbnail Bug, Are Fixed In Update 1.04.17_B for WD TV Live Plus ???

I can’t comment on the plus version,

but the File Manager has been fixed in the WD TV LIVE 1.04.17_V version.

Make the player a lot more usable. I use file manager a lot.

The thumbnail bug is not fixed.

JEDI_33 wrote:

The thumbnail bug is not fixed.

Share is not fixed.

This is very bad as for Western Digital Mybookworld Edition 2, there is a bug with the Twonky version. (the last version provided by WD does not handle mkv. for example of bug)

So WD Player + WD Storage is the best bug of year 2010…still existing in 2011.

Just out of curiousity, what version of Twonky is running on the MBW?   I have a Mybook Live which runs Twonky 5.1.9 and MKVs work OK

I recommend everyone stick w firmware version 1.03.29B for Wdtv Live Plus. It works 100% for me and I have no problems at all…unfortunatly I do not have the link to this firmware but there are links in these forums for it…And hopefully someone can let me know when we get a firmware with zero problems…because i would love to upgrade but i will not sacrifice a working firmware for a firmware with many bugs…no offense to WD …they said they were working on it but did not give a timeframe…but i did notice they fixed some minor issues but did not fix some major ones …or the list of fixes is inaccurate…Again I recommend 1.03.29B

If they said they were working on it without a timeframe it would be a start but as far as I know they never said they would fix these bugs. Unfortunately 1.03.29 is not without any problem either. If you use the display with thumbnails the unit will crash (thumbnail cache problem) and the only way to have it working again is to unplug the power coord and plug it back.

i currently use 1.03.29B on the live plus and do not have that issue nor any issue