Is anyone savvy enough?

Is anyone savvy enough to explain how to economically upgrade a WD TV Live Media Center to USB 3.0?

Can’t be done.

Besides, what good would it do??

I’d like to upgrade the 2.0 USB Port to 3.0 in order to use a 3.0 USB wireless adapter efectively

But again … to what end?   The processor inside is too slow to get much more than 100-150 megabits per second of network transfer, so USB 2.0 is more than sufficient.

1 Like

Your efforts to gain more speed would better used to run a cat5 cable to the Hub, No way the Hub can be modified for USB 3.

1 Like

I understand. Is anyway to beef up the processor?

I understand. I used the cat5 before and it was awesome but I enjoy using it wireless. I just thought I could try to get the best of both worlds.

snap_9 wrote:

I understand. Is anyway to beef up the processor?

Uhm, no.  

snap_9 wrote:

I understand. I used the cat5 before and it was awesome but I enjoy using it wireless. I just thought I could try to get the best of both worlds.

Well, if Wired was good but your WiFi is bad, it’s nothing to do with the USB interface… it’s your WiFi network.

With my hub, the WiFi speed is almost identical to wired speed.  Both max out at about 12-13 megabytes per second.

I was using an older generation Cisco WUSB-300N interface.